Lakewood is the home of many diverse families, restaurants, and unique shops. It also borders the beautiful Great Lake, Lake Erie. There are countless things to accomplish in just one day in this small suburb of Cleveland.
Some may claim that Lakewood is boring and filled with nothing to do, but they simply do not know were to go. Places such as:
- Nature’s Oasis- Nature’s Oasis is a small footprint, all natural foods market and cafe. They support small local businesses by bringing their products to their market. These items are of great quality and are very tasty!
- The Exchange- Retail chain for new and used CDs and vinyl, plus movies, games, and related collectables. The exchange is a cool place to stop in to and browse what music and other items they have.
- Lion and Blue- Located in Downtown Lakewood, their shelves are packed with fair-trade and hand-crafted clothing, gifts, jewelry, and other accessories from all over the world, Lakewood, and even from their own workshop.
- The Root- A very locally known, popular cafe that offers area-sourced coffee, delicious vegan and vegetarian dishes and pastries, as well as many other options. The Root also showcases multiple local artists, and even hosts an open mic night every Tuesday night from 7-9.
- The Dog Park- Open 8am-9pm, take your dog for a beautiful walk in the valley with friends or family, and head over to the dog park.
- Solstice Steps- Watch the sunrise or sunset at the gorgeous new Solstice Steps. It is the perfect spot to go study or do homework when the weather is nicer.