As the Christmas season is upon us, I was very curious to know what people really love about the holiday.
Christmas is seemingly a month-long holiday as many people prepare for it for the entirety of December. From decorating our homes, lighting our trees, baking festive treats, wearing ugly Christmas sweaters, and singing along to various holiday songs–Christmas is one of the most wonderful times of the year.
With much consideration I picked five categories that I believed best related to Christmas and created a survey. I then set out to find Lakewood High’s favorite holiday tradition, movie, song, cookie, and candy.
After questioning a range of 35 students and teachers, I created the following list of five Christmas favorites:
- Tradition: In a very close race, decorating for the holidays was the favorite holiday tradition. From homes to classrooms, turning our surroundings into a winter wonderland is a popular way LHS gets into the holiday spirit.
- Movie: Tying for first place, the two favorite holiday movies were “Elf” and “The Polar Express.” While they are very different, they are both full of laughs and holiday fun.
- Song: In another close race, “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree” was this years favorite holiday song. The upbeat tune is a great way to feel the Christmas spirit and have some fun.
- Cookie: The clear-cut winner for favorite holiday cookie is peanut butter with a Hershey kiss on top. The sweet treat proved its excellence this year winning more than half of the votes!
- Candy: With an overwhelming majority, candy canes are the all around favorite holiday candy at LHS. The Christmas classic is both tasty and festive; it puts us all in the holiday spirit.