Homecoming week is very eventful for Lakewood High School. Between dressing up for the themes each day, the pep rally at the end of school on Friday, the spirit parade right before Friday night lights with the big game, and finding out who’s homecoming king and queen, it all happens very quickly.
The week before is all preparations. The seniors get to put in the nominations of who they think should be homecoming king and queen. The top five of males and the top five females nominated are put on the homecoming court.
This year for homecoming queen, the girls nominated were Ava Clause, Ally Maroulis, Sabrina Hamdan, Esther Dolatowski, and Halle Breudigram. The homecoming court for the king are Nick Scott, Spencer Reynolds, Julian Kieres, Colin Sabo, and Terence Checkett.
Each were asked the same three questions:
- What outside activities are you involved in?
- What is your favorite thing about homecoming week and why?
- Anything extra they would like to share about themselves
- “I play football and I wrestle and do track.”
- “My favorite thing about homecoming week is throughout the whole school and how everyone is having fun while having school spirt at the same time.”
- “I love to go to the gym and during the summer I lifeguard at the pool.”
- “My favorite thing about spirit week is seeing everyone dress up for the themes and the football game.”
- “I am involved in H2O and have a job at The Root Cafe.”
- “My favorite thing about homecoming week is gathering the outfits for the themes.”
- “I am involed in Nimba and soccer.”
- “My favorite thing about homecoming is getting to have a good time with my friends.”
- “I am involved in H2O, environmental club, volleyball, and art club.”
- “My favorite thing about homecoming week is spirit week and dressing up because everyone is into it and it hypes up the football game and the dance.”
- “I am involved in Nimba and baseball.”
- “My favorite thing about homecoming week is the football game.”
- ” I’m President of Key club, student body vice president, and apart of NHS. I also play soccer and basketball.”
- “My favorite thing about homecoming week is the football game and the dance.”
- “I am apart of Eaters of Lakewood, National Honors Society, Student Council and H2O.”
- “My favorite thing about homecoming week is dressing up for the themes.”
- I am involved in basketball and softball and Youth Group. I also work at Dairy Queen.”
- “My favorite thing about homecoming week is the positive energy that people have for the themes and seeing how creative some people get.”
- “I compete in dance and do gymnastics, wind ensemble,and apart of the National Honors Society and on the editorial team for the yearbook. I also lifeguard and have volunteered at nursing homes dancing”
- ” My favorite thing about homecoming week is participating in the themes and seeing how much spirit the school has.”