Monday August 29, 2016

Gamer’s Club meets on Fridays and will be starting this Friday, September 2nd in Room B301.

Do you like theater? Does building a set, sound fun to you? Would you like to make new friends at LHS? If you’ve said yes to any of these questions, Barnstormers Theater Club could be your answer. Wednesday, August 31st will be the first meeting. So come and see what it’s all about after school in room B208.

Presale student tickets for home football games will be sold in the athletic office after school only. Student tickets are $4.00. Fall athletes that do not owe current or past pay to participate fees can stop by the athletic office to pick up their free entrance sticker that must be shown to get into the football game this Friday. If you do not have a sticker you must pay at the ticket gate.

Interested in technology?  Hyland Software is hosting a tech club this fall at their corporate headquarters in Westlake.  It will be on Tuesday evenings from 5-7:30pm starting in late September.

Interested students should fill out the on-line application at www.onbase.com.

Deadline is tomorrow – space is limited so don’t put off completing the application.

Auditions for our first school play, Much Ado About Nothing, will be after school on Tuesday, September 6th in Lecture Hall 2. Auditions will run from 3:15-5:15, so please arrive promptly and plan to stay the whole time. See Mr. Farinelli in Mod 23 or Ms. Sabin in B208 for paperwork!

Are you looking to join a club at Lakewood High School? Are you looking to do more for your Lakewood Community? Do you enjoy volunteering and making new friends? Then Key Club is for you. Come find out more at the first Key Club meeting of the year this Thursday, September 1st at 7:30am in A202. Freshman, if you bring the yellow slip of paper that was in your freshman survival kits from Key Club that you received at Fresh Start, you have the opportunity of entering to win a $10 chipotle gift card. Everyone is welcomed!!

The Homecoming Dance is coming up and if you have not returned your textbooks from previous years, you will not be able to purchase tickets to the dance. So if you have overdue textbooks, please turn them into the bookroom within the next couple of weeks.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Taco Wedges .50¢

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50