Mrs. Dayna Hansen

Mrs. Dayna Hansen

Hansen teaches Photography 1 & 2 and Art 1. She attended Lakeland Community College and Kent State University. She has been working at Lakewood High School for 2 years now.

Before Hansen taught here she was teaching in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina at Wando High School for 3 years. She has had the love for drawing since childhood. She came home everyday from school and immediately would start drawing.

When asked why she wanted to teach Photography on top of already teaching Art she explained that Photography is just another art form. “It’s like painting with light.” she said.

Hansen loves to travel and take photos wherever she goes. Her favorite place to take photos was Moab, Utah when she went on a road trip with her sister.

Hansen’s favorite art media for drawing is traditional pen and ink and colored pencil. She is a sponsor of Art Club and founder of the National Art Honor Society.

Hansen has big goals in store for Lakewood High School. “I would like to build up the photography program by adding AP Photography to the course offerings,” she proclaimed “We have so many talented student photographers. I want to give them a chance to develop a strong portfolio for their future,” she also said.