Tuesday September 6, 2016

Come to the H2O meeting tomorrow morning, 7:30 in A107 to learn all about H2O and volunteering in your community.  Signs ups for our trip to Ronald McDonald House on September 20th will be available at the meeting along with many other service opportunities in September.

The Homecoming Dance is coming up and if you have not returned your textbooks from previous years, you will not be able to purchase tickets to the dance. So if you have overdue textbooks, please turn them into the bookroom within the next couple of weeks.

Auditions for our first school play, Much Ado about Nothing, will be after school today, in Lecture Hall 2. Auditions will run from 3:15-5:15, so please arrive promptly and plan to stay the whole time. See Mr. Farinelli in Mod 23 or Ms. Sabin in B208 for paperwork!

Are you interested in helping or learning more about the environment? If so, come to the first meeting of Lakewood’s Environmental Club starting Monday the 12th right after school in A315. Hope to see you there!

Model UN will be having its first meeting tomorrow at 5:45pm in Mod 11. If you are interested in joining but cannot attend, see Dr. G in Mod 11.

Interact Club will host a “Meet and Greet” right after school Thursday, Sept. 8th, in the 1st floor outdoor Atrium, to introduce our new exchange students from Germany, and Japan.  There will be snacks…tasty international ones! We would love it if you can stop by and help us welcome them to LHS…and learn a bit more about our club.

Barney’s Café (aka Coffee House) September 22nd. Art in many forms: Poetry, Music and Prose. Performers and audience on The Civic stage together. Questions??? Ask Ms Hankins, Mr. Farinelli or Ms. Sabin. Sign up to perform on the sheet located on The Civic door. Everyone is invited to participate either as a performer or as an audience member. This event is free!!! No Auditions. This event is presented by The Barnstormers and The LHS Orchestras. All proceeds will go to equipping the new Black Box Theatre space.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Chicken & Rice Wrap w/Cheddar Cheese & Salsa $3.50Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50
    Fiestadas $2.50