Monday September 12, 2016

Have you made plans for Spring Break 2017 yet??? Have you ever wanted to go snorkeling, visit a volcano or go kayaking around the base of one, take a canopy tour in the rain forest or visit a coffee plantation?  If so, then you must come to the Travel Club meeting this Thursday, September 15th at 7pm in room A127 as we discuss our upcoming trip to Nicaragua and Costa Rica! Travel Club is open to any LHS student – See Ms. Breckel or Mr. Heslep for further information!

Are you interested in helping or learning more about the environment? If so, come to the first meeting of Lakewood’s Environmental Club tonight, right after school in A315. Hope to see you there!

Attention Juniors and Seniors – Sign up to take the ASVAB Career Exploration Assessment. It will be given on Wednesday, Oct 19th at LHS – the same day as the PSAT. The results of this assessment can help you figure out possible career fields for your future after high school. Sign up for this no-cost test in the West Shore Career Tech Office by Oct 13th.  Any questions, see your guidance counselor or stop by the West Shore Career-Tech Office.

We will begin selling tickets to the Homecoming Dance next Monday, if you have not returned your textbooks from previous years, you will not be able to purchase tickets to the dance. So if you have overdue textbooks, please turn them into the bookroom by this Thursday, September 15th.

Attention all 7th thru 12th grade girls who are interested in trying out for basketball this season.  Open gyms will be every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00-8:00pm, and Sundays from 10:00am-Noon. All open gyms will be at Roosevelt Elementary School.

Interested in video production, electronic technology, computer networking or telecommunications?  There is a free event at University of Akron – Lakewood to learn about technological opportunities in cable telecommunications.  It’s September 29th from 9-1pm. There will be hands-on sessions, technology demonstrations, panel discussions with industry leaders and people who are currently working in telecommunication jobs…stop by the West Shore Office for more information.

“Interact” the high school affiliate of Rotary International, invites all interested students, and the exchange students, to their first meeting which be held tomorrow, Tuesday, September 13th, at 7:30 in the morning, in the outdoor atrium, located on the first floor. It will be a short meeting to share details for September activities. We hope to see you there!

The following Colleges/Military Recruiters will be visiting LHS this week.

Today…

Washington College                                                           1:0

Tuesday, September 13th

University of Cincinnati                                          11:30

Juniors and seniors are encouraged to meet with the College Representatives outside of the Main Hallway 1st floor / Lunch area outside of the new Guidance Offices.

Students must obtain a pass from their classroom teacher if intending to visit during class time. A pass can also be written by the Guidance Secretary.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

BBQ Chicken Wedges .50¢

Small Beef Burritos w/Cheddar Cheese $1.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50