Thursday September 22, 2016

Attention all students attending the West Shore Young Leaders training tomorrow—please meet at Door 2 with your things at 8:30am to head to the Westlake Recreation Center.  We will return at approximately 2:30pm.

There are so many ways you can make a difference in your community. Join the H2O Remind service by texting @bgf8d to 81010 for more information.  The H2O office will be closed Wednesday through Friday this week but signup sheets are available outside the office door.

Seniors & Juniors– Do you know what you are going to do after you graduate from high school? Here’s an opportunity to help you start thinking about career fields or confirm your career direction. Take the ASVAB Career Exploration assessment at LHS on Oct 19th – the same day as the PSAT.   After the test, you’ll see which career pathways line up with your interests and knowledge. Sign up in the West Shore Career–Tech Office by Oct 13th.

National Honor Society members – we are having a short meeting after school today, in room A102. Once again that is for all National Honor Society members – we are having a short meeting after school today at 3:15, in room A102.

A list of the new members to Watters Science Seminar has been posted in your science classrooms and outside of the bookroom.  New members need to check the spelling of their names and follow us on twitter @Watterssci to keep up with announcements and reminders.  Our first seminar will be on October 21 during periods 8-9.  Thank you.

We are now selling homecoming dance tickets. You must have a signed, all information provided, pre-sale ticket form to turn into the bookroom in order to make your reservation to the dance. Tickets are $15 each now thru Tuesday, September 27th. The cost of the ticket will go up to $20 each on Wednesday, September 28th & Thursday, September 29th. Tickets will not be sold on Friday, September 30th.

Barney’s Café tonight at 7:30pm. Poetry, Music & Prose. Performers & audience on The Civic stage together. This event is free!!! Barnstormers will be selling coffee & other beverages & baked goods. If you signed up to perform please check your school email for important information. Call time is 7:15pm. This event is presented by The Barnstormers and The LHS Orchestras. All proceeds will go to equipping the new Black Box Theatre space.

The Salty and Bright Club, a Bible study club, will meet today in B312, across the hall from House 2, right after school. We would love for you to join us today and every Thursday for the rest of the school year!

Congratulations to the 2016 Homecoming Court!

Queen

Hannah Chodzin

Alexis Fallon

Halle Krebs

Elizabeth Pearlman

Emily Pearlman

Amelia Richardson

King

Nick Ferrone

Elliot Jarrous

Kevin Musai

George Papadortheou

Tommy Paul

Nate Young

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Chicken Ranch w/Mozzarella Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50