Tuesday October 4, 2016

Attention Students

Are you a born leader? Do you want to improve your leadership skills? Do you like going to the beach? Camping?

Then AYF is a club you should checkout.

Our first meeting of the year will take place tonight at 6pm in Room B208.

Come and see what this exciting club is all about.

The 2017 Fast-pitch Softball Season is fast approaching. All girls interested in playing softball this season can attend a short informational meeting tomorrow at 3:15 pm in A107. We will cover open gyms/fields, spring trip, and winter ball. Contact Coach Moravcik Mo-rav-check) at [email protected] or text through last season’s remind for returning players

Are you interested in becoming a teacher or working with children? Educator’s Rising is a new organization at Lakewood High School and we are looking for interested students, grades 9th-12th, that would like to learn more about the world of teaching. Educator’s Rising first meeting of the school year tomorrow at 3:15pm in Room A202. Come one, come all and learn about an ever needed profession!

The following Colleges will be visiting Lakewood High School this week.

Today

Miami University                                                                  10:24

Notre Dame College of Cleveland                                               11:10

Tomorrow

Cuyahoga Community College                                        10:24

Allegheny College                                                               10:24 – 11:00

Thursday

Washington & Jefferson College                                     10:30

Friday

Marietta College                                                                  1:00

Chick-Fil-A – Scholarship & Job Opportunities              10:24

Juniors and seniors are encouraged to meet with the College Representatives inside the new Guidance Department Room A111.

Students must obtain a pass from their classroom teacher if attending visit during class. A pass can also be written by the Guidance Secretary.

Carnations are red, and the cards are too, tell your sweetest how much they mean to you. Sweetest Day is Saturday, October 15th. How are you going to celebrate it? Why not purchase a carnation from a Key Club Member. You can purchase carnations for $1 starting today through next Wednesday, October 12th. Carnations can also be purchased from Ms. Stephenson in room A202. The flowers and cards will be delivered to your first period class on Thursday, October 13th. Buy your carnations today for your sweetest from any Key Club member!

Attention Students: The Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department Explorer Post 701 invites you to an Open House demonstration and Recruitment seminar this Thursday, October 6th, at 7pm in the Justice Center, 1215 West Third Street Cleveland, Blue Room (entrance from Lakeside Ave.). Explorer Post #701 is for young adults ages 14-21 interested in a hands-on approach to Law Enforcement. Some of the classes that are taught, are Handcuffing & Arrest Techniques, Ohio Laws of Search and Seizure, K9 & Swat Demonstrations, Range instruction, Radio Procedure, Warrant & Hazmat instruction, Jail & Coroners’ office tours. We hope to see you on October 6th, 2016 at 7pm. If you have any questions about the Explorer Post feel free to leave a message at (216) 443-6085 for Detective Riegelmayer.

The senior Panoramic Picture will be taken next Monday, October 10th during second period at the stadium and it is also picture retake day for freshmen, sophomores and juniors.

Intramural bowling at LHS begins on November 7th. Any student interested in bowling should go to Mod 12 or 24 and pick up a registration form. The deadline to sign up is Monday, October 17th. The lane to a good time is open.

Anyone interested in directing a short play for Barnstormers’ Winter One Act Festival in February should see Mr. Farinelli in Mod 23. Director applications are due today! Barnstormers will meet after school in B208 tomorrow. We will be talking about crews for Much Ado About Nothing and sharing information about our upcoming movie night and improv clinics. Expect food and theatre games!

October means one thing:  Pumpkin Palooza!  The best Halloween party in town for young children will take place October 29th.  High school volunteers are needed to pick up pumpkins at the farm, set up, decorate, run carnival games, sell pizza and baked goods and provide spooky fun for little ones on the Haunted Stage.  Sign up on the orange sheets outside the H2O office in B125.  Stop by our meeting 7:30am Wednesdays in B125 for more the details.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Chicken Ranch w/Mozzarella Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50

Today is the last day for the 30 day grace period for free and reduced lunch from last year. Please get your paperwork in as soon as possible so you will be approved, if not bring money or pack a lunch!