Wednesday October 5, 2016

This is a reminder that students…students should not be parking in the staff section of the North/Mods parking Lot.  Student parking is in the Northern most part of the lot and you must have a parking sticker.  Students that park in the staff parking section or park without a student parking sticker may be towed.

The following students Clara Florian, Albert Foster, Macey Hanzel, Macklin Hurst, Josey McMaster, and Lindy Warren have been chosen as directors for Barnstormers’ Winter One Act Play Festival. Congratulations.

Are you interested in becoming a teacher or working with children? Educator’s Rising is a new organization at Lakewood High School and we are looking for interested students, grades 9th-12th, that would like to learn more about the world of teaching. Educator’s Rising first meeting of the school year is today at 3:15pm in Room A202. Come one, come all and learn about an ever needed profession!

The following Colleges will be visiting Lakewood High School this week.

Today

Cuyahoga Community College                                           10:24

Allegheny College                                                                 10:24 – 11:00

Tomorrow

Washington & Jefferson College                                        10:30

Friday

Marietta College                                                                   1:00

Chick-Fil-A – Scholarship & Job Opportunities                 10:24

Juniors and seniors are encouraged to meet with the College Representatives inside the new Guidance Department Room A111.

Students must obtain a pass from their classroom teacher if attending visit during class. A pass can also be written by the Guidance Secretary.

Carnations are red, and the cards are too, tell your sweetest how much they mean to you. Sweetest Day is Saturday, October 15th. How are you going to celebrate it? Why not purchase a carnation from a Key Club Member. You can purchase carnations for $1 starting today through next Wednesday, October 12th. Carnations can also be purchased from Ms. Stephenson in room A202. The flowers and cards will be delivered to your first period class on Thursday, October 13th. Buy your carnations today for your sweetest from any Key Club member!

The senior Panoramic Picture will be taken next Monday, October 10th during second period at the stadium and it is also picture retake day for freshmen, sophomores and juniors.

Stop by the H2O office in B125 to sign up to volunteer at Pumpkin Palooza October 29th.  Clubs and Teams are invited to host a carnival game at Palooza or donate decorated pumpkins to the Pumpkin Patch Raffle. Let’s show Lakewood families our Lakewood High Ranger pride!

Attention Students: The Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department Explorer Post 701 invites you to an Open House demonstration and Recruitment seminar this tomorrow, October 6th, at 7pm in the Justice Center, 1215 West Third Street Cleveland, Blue Room (entrance from Lakeside Ave.). Explorer Post #701 is for young adults ages 14-21 interested in a hands-on approach to Law Enforcement. Some of the classes that are taught, are Arrest Techniques, Ohio Laws of Search and Seizure, K9 & Swat Demonstrations, Range instruction, Radio Procedure, Jail & Coroners’ office tours. We hope to see you see you there!

If you have any questions about the Explorer Post feel free to leave a message at (216) 443-6085 for Detective Riegelmayer.

Intramural bowling at LHS begins on November 7th. Any student interested in bowling should go to Mod 12 or 24 and pick up a registration form. The deadline to sign up is Monday, October 17th. Don’t be a turkey, split with the norm and bowl.

Barnstormers will meet after school in B208 today. We will be talking about crews for Much Ado About Nothing and sharing information about our upcoming movie night and improv clinics. Expect food and theatre games!

Are you interested in spreading kindness and making other students days a little brighter?  Project Smile is a club that will meet tomorrow in Lecture Hall 1 from 3-3:30.  Please see Mrs. Adkins in Guidance if you have any questions.

Tomorrow is Tribe day, come dressed in your finest Cleveland Indians gear, no caps or hats and within the dress code please.

Model UN will be meeting tonight at 5:45 in Mod11. Students are reminded that position papers are due today.  Questions, See Dr. G.

If you are interested in being a Buddy Day mentor for our Garfield & Harding athletes, please stop by the Athletic Office to sign up today.

Barnstormers Drama Club will soon be performing its fall play, William Shakespeare’s MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. Performances will be held in the Art Atrium October 19th – 22nd. Shows are at 7:30pm on Wednesday and Thursday, 4:00pm on Friday, and 12:00, 3:00, & 7:30 on Saturday. Tickets are $5.00 and can be purchased in advance in the Book Room. Seating is limited, so get your tickets fast!

If you have a chromebook that needs repaired, when you bring the chromebook up to the bookroom, the chromebook has to be in the carrying case.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Taco Wedges .50

Chicken Ranch w/Mozzarella Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50