Monday October 10, 2016

There will be a Girls Rugby meeting this Thursday, October 13th at 3pm in room A107/A109.

Carnations are red, and the cards are too, tell your sweetest how much they mean to you. Sweetest Day is Saturday, October 15th. How are you going to celebrate it? Why not purchase a carnation from a Key Club Member. You can purchase carnations for $1 through this Wednesday, October 12th. Carnations can also be purchased from Ms. Stephenson in room A202. The flowers and cards will be delivered to your first period class this Thursday, October 13th. Buy your carnations today for your sweetest from any Key Club member!

Last call for LHS intramural bowling, we begin bowling on November 7th. It’s the 10th frame, the 10 pin just wobbled over and you get one more chance to throw a strike! So get to Mod 12 or 24 and sign up for bowling today! The deadline to sign up is next Monday, October 17th. Remember, bowling is fun for everyone!

What are you doing on Friday, October 21st? Come on down to Lakewood’s first inaugural corn hole tournament! The tournament will be held behind the mods from 4 to 6 PM. It’s $5.00 a pair and all proceeds will go to the junior class. First place winners will each receive a $10 chipotle gift card and runner up will receive five dollars. Sign up in the book room today!

The day for the senior Panoramic Picture, has been rescheduled for next Monday, October 17th.

Picture retake day for freshmen, sophomores and juniors is today! Ripcho Studios will be set up in the hallway between the lunch area and the Career Tech Office during 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th periods. If you are replacing pictures you did not like, be sure to bring the old set with you to return them. If you did not have your picture taken yet, all you have to do is show up. Faculty members who did not have pictures taken are also encouraged to participate.

Barnstormers Drama Club will soon be performing its fall play, William Shakespeare’s MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. Performances will be held in the Art Atrium October 19th – 22nd. Shows are at 7:30pm on Wednesday and Thursday, 4:00pm on Friday, and 12:00, 3:00, & 7:30 on Saturday. Tickets are $5.00 and can be purchased in advance in the Book Room. Seating is limited, so get your tickets now!

If you are interested in being a Buddy Day mentor for our Garfield and Harding athletes, please stop by the Athletic Office to sign up today.

The following Colleges & Military Recruiters, will be visiting Lakewood High School this week.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Walsh University                                                      11:00

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Muskingum University                                    12:30

U.S. Navy                                                           10:24 – 1:30

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Kenyon College                                                       10:25

University of Vermont                                11:10 – 11:50

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Raphael Beauty School                                         10:24

U.S. Marines                                                  10:24 – 1:30

Juniors and seniors are encouraged to meet with the College Representatives inside the Guidance Office, Room A111. Military Representatives will be outside of the Main Hallway 1st floor/ Lunch area.

Students must obtain a pass from their classroom teacher if planning to visit during class. A pass can also be written by the Guidance Secretary.

Yard signs will be on sale all week outside the cafeteria for $1. Put your name on a Red or Blue yard sign to show support for one of the two political parties. Yard signs will be displayed in the social studies hallway in the Mods. All proceeds from the yard sign sale will be donated to H20.

This is a reminder to the students that have chromebooks. If you need to have your chromebook repaired please make sure to bring it to the bookroom in the case.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Pepperoni & Cheese Jammers .50¢

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50