Wednesday November 2, 2016

This year’s Light Up Lakewood Festival will be held on Saturday, December 3rd. As part of lakewoodalive’s commitment to fostering & sustaining vibrant neighborhoods, we partner w/Plantation Home to provide two $500.00 scholarships to Lakewood residents who are currently high school juniors. Application forms for this scholarship are available in the Bookroom. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by November 11, 2016.

Don’t miss your chance to show just how creative you are!

The PTA Reflections art contest is now underway & we need you!!!

“What is Your Story?” is this year’s Reflections Theme!

Tap into your creativity using choreography, filmmaking, literature, music composition, photography, and/or visual art to show us YOUR story!

Pick up your PTA Reflections Entry Form today! Available in any of the house offices or the bookroom. Entries are due to the Main Office, by Tuesday, November 29th.

Come on! Tell us! “What is Your Story?”

Project Smile will meet tomorrow, from 3-4pm in A107.

Are you interested in running Track? Then the Indoor Girls Track & Field Team is for you! Use these next few winter months to get stronger, run faster and throw farther in preparation for the upcoming outdoor season. Stop by the sign-up meeting on Monday, November 7th at 3:00pm in Lec Hall 2.

Join Race & Diversity for a conversation on perspective.  Are there Americans who feel they are not cashing in on all the benefits to being American?  Do they look at those in power as having unearned privileges?  Do these privileges exist, or is it just a matter of perspective? Be a part of this dynamic club! Refreshments will be served! Hope to see you after school to MOD 16 today.

Are you interested in finding out more about Rotary Youth Exchange? Join us today after school at 3p.m. in The Ranger Café for more information about: Short Term/Long Term, High School/Gap Year and Study Abroad Scholarships, Presented by Rotary, and Past and Present Rotary Youth Exchange Students. Applications are due DECEMBER 1ST!!!

Interested in learning the basics of improvisation and playing some theatre games? How about hearing about upcoming events and auditions? If so, make sure you stop by B208 after school today for the Barnstormers Drama Club Meeting. There will be a special announcement you won’t want to miss!

Interested in joining the LHS Swim & Diving Team? Then come to an information session in Lecture Hall 2 today at 3:15. Get information about the season, meet the captains and talk to other swimmers. See you there!

We know you have a hidden talent! It could be poetry, music, or prose, but acoustic talent only. Barnstormers and the Orchestra programs are presenting the second “Coffee house” on Nov. 10th for you to show off your hidden talent! This unique performance opportunity will have you and the audience on the Civic stage. No admission charge! The Barnstormers will be selling coffee and baked goods. No audition, Just Signup on the sheet outside the Civic doors!

Attention students and faculty:

Join club identity and barnstormers for our annual dinner and a movie on Monday, November 7th at 3:15 in lecture hall 2.  We will be watching “The Celluloid Closet,” a documentary film that examines the portrayal of gays and lesbians in cinema, and we will follow up with a discussion afterwards. Pizza and other refreshments will be provided. Hope to see you there!

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Cheesy Pretzel Sticks .75¢

Small Beef & Cheese Burrito $1.50

Chicken Rice & Cheddar Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50