Thursday November 3, 2016

Project Smile will meet from 3-4pm today in A107.

If you are interested in wrestling this year please stop by the athletic office to pick up a practice schedule. You can also pick up participation forms & practice schedules at Franklin Elementary School this Sunday at open mat 1:00-4:00pm. The first day of official practice is Friday, November 11, 2016.

We know you have a hidden talent! It could be poetry, music, or prose, but acoustic talent only. Barnstormers and the Orchestra programs are presenting the second “Coffee house” on Nov. 10th for you to show off your hidden talent! This unique performance opportunity will have you and the audience on the Civic stage. No admission charge! The Barnstormers will be selling coffee and baked goods. No audition, Just Signup on the sheet outside the Civic doors!

Attention students and faculty:

Join club identity and barnstormers for our annual dinner and a movie on Monday, November 7th at 3:15 in lecture hall 2.  We will be watching “The Celluloid Closet,” a documentary film that examines the portrayal of gays and lesbians in cinema, and we will follow up with a discussion afterwards. Pizza and other refreshments will be provided. Hope to see you there!

H2O is moving our Leaf Raking for seniors event from this Saturday to next Saturday, November 12th because the leaves haven’t fallen!  Join us for a fun Fall morning November 12th helping our neighbors in Lakewood. We’ll have donuts for breakfast and pizza for lunch!

Reach Out and Read Greater Cleveland, an organization that promotes literacy by providing books to young children, needs our help.  They are moving to a new space, so we’re going to spend a morning helping them move on Tuesday, November 8th – a day off from school.  All sign-ups are outside the H2O office in B125.

This year’s Light Up Lakewood Festival will be held on Saturday, December 3rd. As part of lakewoodalive’s commitment to fostering & sustaining vibrant neighborhoods, we partner w/Plantation Home to provide two $500.00 scholarships to Lakewood residents who are currently high school juniors. Application forms for this scholarship are available in the Bookroom. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by November 11, 2016.

Are you interested in running Track? Then the Indoor Girls Track & Field Team is for you! Use these next few winter months to get stronger, run faster and throw farther in preparation for the upcoming outdoor season. Stop by the sign-up meeting on Monday, November 7th at 3:00pm in Lec Hall 2.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Cheesy Pretzel .75¢
    BBQ Chicken & Cheddar Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50