Wednesday November 9, 2016

We know you have a hidden talent! It could be poetry, music, or prose, but acoustic talent only. Barnstormers and the Orchestra programs are presenting the second “Coffee house” tomorrow for you to show off your hidden talent! This unique performance opportunity will have you and the audience on the Civic stage. No admission charge! The Barnstormers will be selling coffee and baked goods. No audition, Just Signup on the sheet outside the Civic doors!

Do you like to help others? If you said “yes”, then Medical Office Management needs your help. We are collecting nail polish, nail files, and nail polish remover to benefit University Hospital’s Hospice Program today thru November 30th. The class will be preparing nail polish kits for hospice patients. Please bring your donations to Room A201.

If you are interested in wrestling this year please stop by the athletic office to pick up a practice schedule. The first day of official practice is this Friday, November 11, 2016.

Don’t miss your chance to show just how creative you are!

The PTA Reflections art contest is now underway & we need you!!!

“What is Your Story?” is this year’s Reflections Theme!

Tap into your creativity using choreography, filmmaking, literature, music composition, photography, and/or visual art to show us YOUR story!

Pick up your PTA Reflections Entry Form today! Available in any of the house offices or the bookroom. Entries are due to the Main Office, by Tuesday, November 29th.

Come on! Tell us! “What is Your Story?”

If you are interested in playing boys’ rugby there will be a brief meeting after school today in Mod14.

Do you have any spare change? Looking to make a difference? The Culinary Arts department is now collecting donations for Ronald McDonald House until this Friday. Every year, the students collect money to purchase ingredients to prepare a fabulous dinner for the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House. Staff and students can drop off their donations in the Bookroom, Chef Corti’s mailbox or the Ranger Café. We are hoping to raise at least $200.00.

Every penny counts, so please consider donating!

This year’s Light Up Lakewood Festival will be held on Saturday, December 3rd. As part of lakewoodalive’s commitment to fostering & sustaining vibrant neighborhoods, we partner w/Plantation Home to provide two $500.00 scholarships to Lakewood residents who are currently high school juniors. Six finalists will be selected to be interviewed, 3 for the Queen and 3 for the King. One Queen & one King will be chosen by the selection committee as the scholarship recipients. Application forms for this scholarship are available in the Bookroom. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by this Friday, November 11, 2016.

A couple announcements from the LRC… if you have not done so already, turn in your AUP form to the library by the end of this week.  Computer access will be cut off next week for those who do not have their form turned in.

Reader alert: The Lakewood Public librarians will be in the library tomorrow during lunch periods. Come listen to book talks and hear about what is happening this fall at Lakewood Public Library.

SENIORS: Please take a moment to submit your suggestions for class song & class motto at the table set up outside the lunch rooms TODAY ONLY! Your suggestions will be taken into consideration for the final vote, which will occur during the senior assembly next Monday.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Mozzarella Bread Sticks .75¢

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Fiestadas $2.50

PM