Remembering President Barack Obama

As we all hear about President-Elect Trump’s victory over Senator Hillary Clinton, some of us worry and fear. But Barack Obama built a stronger nation in the course of his eight years in office, and here, at the times we like to focus on the good that’s been done as opposed to the bad that’s being done. Without further ado, here are the top 5 Accomplishments of President Obama.

1. The legalization of same-sex marriage

“Love won,” the president said. “No matter who you are, here in America, you’re free to marry the person you love because the freedom to marry is now the law in all 50 states.”

2.More Americans getting health insurance coverage

ObamaCare and the Affordable Healthcare Act made it a whole lot easier to get health insurance, now.

3. U.S.-Cuba relations

In August, the U.S. reopened its embassy in Cuba, the first symbolic step to normalizing relations between the two countries. The Obama administration has taken other steps to making the two countries friendly together again.

4. The economy

Businesses have added 13.7 million new jobs over a 69-month streak of job growth, according to President Obama. Mr. Obama also cited the latest unemployment rate figures — in October, it fell to 5 percent and has remained at that level since — as proof of a strong economy.

5. Ended the War in Iraq

Ordered all U.S. military forces out of the country. Last troops left on December 18, 2011.

Barack Obama will be remembered and missed, but we need not fear. He built too strong of a foundation for Donald Trump, or anybody for that matter, to take it down.