Friday November 18, 2016

As of yesterday’s tally, Ms. Hankin’s class is in first place, Mr. Roth’s class is in second and Mr. Cammock’s class is in third. Today is the last day that the junior class will be collecting donations during 3º for “Hope for the Holidays”. The class that raises the most money will win the first place prize of a food party of their choosing and the warm fuzzy feeling knowing that this donation drive will help to feed 300 Lakewood families this Thanksgiving and 300 at Christmas. Make sure that you turn in all of your money to the bookroom by 3:00pm today. The winning class will be announced on Monday.

Anyone who is interested in joining the Ski & Snowboard Club needs to sign up on the Boston Mills website.  If you do this by today, you will have your pass to use over Winter Break.  See Ms. Flynn in Mod 17 for sign-up information or if you have any questions.

ATTENTION SENIORS:  The Cinema staff is in the process of collecting pictures for the “Senior Memories” section of the yearbook. If you have any great pictures from pre-school, elementary school, or middle school, we would love to use them. Pictures of groups will generally be selected over individual pictures. If you have hard copies that need scanned, bring them to Mr. Ebner in Room B207. If you have digital copies, you can send them directly to either Mr. Ebner, Emma Bressler or Jane Mechenbier.

Seniors, today is the last day to sign up to be an elf.

Signed permission forms are required to participate in the LCAC Thanksgiving food delivery this Saturday morning with H2O.  Just slide the forms under the door if the office is closed.

Next Tuesday is the last trip to Ronald McDonald House until January 2017.  Preparing a hot meal for families of children receiving medical care at Cleveland hospitals is a great way to help ease their burden during this Holiday Season.  Sign up in the H2O office in B125.

Interested in auditioning for the school play? Auditions for Barnstormers Drama Club’s Winter One Act Play Festival will be held on Tuesday, November 29th at 3:00 in Lecture Hall 2. We will be performing a series of six student-written and student-directed short plays and are looking to cast 40 actors. We only rehearse once a week, so this is a great opportunity to get your first start in theatre! Audition packets are available for pick up in Mod 23!

Do you like to help others? If you said “yes”, then Medical Office Management needs your help. We are collecting nail polish, nail files, and nail polish remover to benefit University Hospital’s Hospice Program today thru November 30th. The class will be preparing nail polish kits for hospice patients. Please bring your donations to Room A201.

For all students still interested in joining The Civic Stage staff, please come to the computer lab, room A201 on Monday, November 21st for a brief meeting. We will be using the lab to go on line and fill out job applications. This will then clear the way for turning in of all completed paperwork to Human Resources.

Don’t miss your chance to show just how creative you are!

The PTA Reflections art contest is now underway & we need you!!!

“What is Your Story?” is this year’s Reflections Theme!

Tap into your creativity using choreography, filmmaking, literature, music composition, photography, and/or visual art to show us YOUR story!

Pick up your PTA Reflections Entry Form today! Available in any of the house offices or the bookroom. Entries are due to the Main Office, by Tuesday, November 29th.

Come on! Tell us! “What is Your Story?”

Enjoy art? Join Art Club as we look back at our old sketchbooks! Bring your sketchbook and experience everyone’s art past! Fridays after school in B206.

Any boy interested in playing rugby should pick up a player profile sheet in MOD14, after school. Anyone with a completed player profile should be sure to turn it into Mr. Wondrak in MOD14.

Girls’ rugby practice at Garfield has been cancelled until further notice. There will be a meeting for all girls interested in playing Rugby at 3:10pm on Monday, Nov. 21st. The meeting will start promptly at 3:10pm.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Friday Fries $1.00

Chipotle Chicken w/Rice & Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50