Jon Patrick

Jon Patrick

With the 1,500+ students here at Lakewood High School, about half are athletes. Whether they participate in fall,winter or spring sports. We’ve got some good teams, and some teams that are still recruiting members to make them better. With winter sports coming up, that means its basketball season here at Lakewood High!

Whether you know him or not, for being the guy who does the split jump on stage at pep rally’s, or the loud funny guy in the hallway who always assumes that people blame him..I’ve got senior Jon Patrick who is our Forward on the Varsity basketball team. Who is always apart of our football team who’s record this season was 0-10. But like they always say for the Browns…theres’ always next year. But here’s a Q & A with Jonathan and I.

“How long have you been playing basketball for?”

“4 years I’ve been balling out on the court, but I’ve been on the field for 6”

“Do you plan on playing in college? for either of the two sports?”

“Maybe football, because thats the sport I’d more likely get an offer for. But I am more of a basketball kinda guy. It’s a big commitment in college, but I’d wanna do what I love”

“During your off season, what are you up to?”

“Chillin, hanging with friends and always at the YMCA trying to improve my shot and become a better, and stronger player when the season comes around.”

Jon encourages everyone to join a sport in high school, because it’s the best way to stay in shape and make friends. He’s glad he’s been in two for the past four years of high school, and it’s something he’ll never forget with all the friendships and memories he’s made.

Wishing him and the rest of the Rangers an awesome, healthy season!

Go Rangers!