Thanksgiving Delivery

Thanksgiving Delivery

Saturday, November 19, Lakewood Charitable Assistance Corporation teamed up with volunteers from all over Lakewood to ensure our community all receives the Thanksgiving dinner they deserve. H2O and Key Club gathered plenty of volunteers from the high school, but the event involves ALL of Lakewood. The ages range from elementary school through elderly citizens–all volunteers are needed for such a significant event and everyone wanted to help! Volunteers showed up early to the Masonic temple on that brisk Saturday morning ready to serve, and began packaging hundreds of bags full of Thanksgiving feasts assembly line style–even a full size turkey.

After about 1-2 hours, volunteers began shuttling out to locations all over Lakewood. Some cars were delivering directly to houses door to door, other teams went to the branches of the Westerly and Assisted Living apartment buildings. The volunteers main purpose that morning was to ensure that no one in Lakewood would have to be without a proper Thanksgiving meal, and the event was a huge success. Along with the delivery, more than $1,200 was raised by Lakewood High School and Harding Middle School through the annual Hope for the Holidays drive to assist families in need this Thanksgiving. Volunteers will begin to be recruited for the next LCAC delivery for Christmas! Stop in the H2O office at any time to sign up for the Christmas delivery–permission slips are required. Hope to see a huge population of Lakewood High School Students out there with fellow Lakewoodians delivering to our community.