Tuesday December 13, 2016

Student council is sponsoring an Ugly Sweater contest this Thursday. Come dressed up in your favorite Ugly Sweater. Staff, please join in the fun and wear your favorite ugly holiday sweater too. Judging will take place during lunch periods. Winners will be announced during the afternoon announcements.
    Time is running out to join the Ski & Snowboard Club.  Sign up on the Boston Mills website, get your money to the Bookroom, and turn your Emergency Medical form to Ms. Flynn in Mod 17 or Mr. Hille in A312 by Friday, December 16th.  See Ms. Flynn or Mr. Hille with any questions.
    There will be No bio bench this week.
    Boys’ rugby will have workouts Tuesday and Thursday at Garfield Middle School, at 4:30pm.  To be able to attend, you must have a grade check in with Mr. Wondrak in Mod14, after school, both days.  
    Attention Seniors:  The Guidance Department will be hosting a University of Toledo “Enrollment Day” this Thursday from 11:30 to 1:30. A representative from the University of Toledo will be here to help with the enrollment process, review transcripts & application materials, the enrollment fee will be waived. Please stop in to the Guidance Office to sign up for this event.

The following Colleges/Military Recruiters will be visiting Lakewood High School.

Tomorrow

Ohio University                                                                      10:24

2nd year student Madeline Baker will be here to talk about OU

Thursday

U.S. Army                                                                               10:24 -1:30

University of Toledo “Admission Day”                                11:30-1:30

Juniors and seniors are encouraged to meet with the College Representatives inside the Guidance Department Room A111. The Military will be set up outside of the main hallway 1st floor / lunch area.

Students must obtain a pass from their classroom teacher if intending to visit during class. A pass can also be written by the Guidance Secretary.

Any football player interested in winter weight lifting information, please stop by the athletic office.

Chocolate covered pretzels and peppermint bark for sale in the H2O office in B125.  All proceeds go to gifts for kids and teens in Lakewood.  And sign up to help deliver groceries Friday or Saturday while you’re there!
    To all new and current National Honor Society members – please remember that tomorrow, we will be having our tapping ceremony 9th period and immediately after school will be baking cookies for our local fire and police departments. Again, if for some reason you cannot come to help bake, please see Mr. Sent in room A123 as soon as possible.
    Good news!  The library is up and running in room A204.  We are open from 7:30 in the morning until 3:30 after school.  Our new location is on the second floor in the northwest side of the main building, right above the cafeteria.  Hope to see you there.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Chili $2.00

Hot & Spicy Chicken & Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.