Fairwell, Pennsylvania Avenue

On January 20th, 2017 President Elect Donald Trump was officially inaugurated into office, becoming the 45th President of the United States. With his inauguration, it was time for Trump and his family to move in on Pennsylvania Avenue, leaving former President Barack Obama and his family packing their bags. Although it may seem devastating to have to leave a property as lavish as the White House, their new $5 million mansion may actually compare.

Located just three miles north of the White House, the Obama’s new home on Belmont Road in the neighborhood of Kalorama features a wide range of amenities that would make anyone jealous. Last sold for $5.2 million, this 8,200 square foot rental house includes 9 bedrooms, 8 1/2 bathrooms, an oversized terrace and garden, and a gated courtyard. The house is a very old model, as it was first built in 1928.

Not only is the prestigious and expensive neighborhood of Kalorama now home to the former first family, it is also the living space of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and first daughter Ivanka Trump and her husband. The Obama’s have decided to stay in the D.C. area after Barack’s presidency so that daughter Sasha can finish high school.

Before officially moving in to this beautiful million-dollar home, the Obama family will take one final flight aboard Air Force One and head down to Palm Springs, California. Upon their return they will become the newest residents of the mansion on Belmont Road. It might not be the White House, but this home is definitely jaw-dropping.