Monday February 6, 2017

There will be a Boys Spring Track sign up meeting tomorrow at 3:15 in Lecture Hall 2. Please come and sign up for the upcoming season. Any questions see Coach Dow in the lunchroom 6th period.

All girls interested in playing fast pitch softball this season, there will be a short meeting today at 3:15 in Lecture Hall 2. The 2017 season, tryouts and our trip to Tennessee will be discussed.

Girls – Are you interested in coding? Lakewood Public Library is hosting a Girls Who Code club begins today.  As a central part of your Clubs experience, you’ll work with your Club on a Computer Science Impact Project, where you’ll use computer science to solve a problem relevant to your Club and community. Through this project, you’ll also learn the Core4 computer science concepts that form the basis for all computer programming languages while also building your teamwork and leadership skills. Be a part of this great club.  Learn more at the website – girlswhocode.com/clubs or stop by Lakewood Public Library.

The book room will begin selling Winter Dance tickets this Thursday, so pick up a ticket form to fill out today!

Juniors! The class of 2018 is selling Malley’s bars to raise money for YOUR 2018 PROM. If you want to have the most spectacular prom ever, help your fellow classmates out by selling a box of Malley’s bars all throughout February. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and nothing says “I adore you,” more than chocolate! Stop by Ms. Johnson’s room in B305 or Mr. Roth’s room in A210 to get your box today. Please come either before or after school ONLY! You must have your student ID with you to start selling.

The MILES Program is selling water for $1 in room C116 – stop by and see us!

Valentine’s Day is Tuesday, February 14th. How are you going to celebrate it? Starting today through Monday, February 13th, Key Club is selling Carnations for $1, during lunch periods. Send one to your best friend, your girlfriend or boyfriend, your secret admirer, or your favorite teacher, and tell them how much you love them. The flowers will be delivered 1st period on Tuesday, February 14th, Valentine’s Day. See a Key Club member during lunch periods, stop in Ms. Stephenson’s Room, A202, or Mrs. Gabriel’s room, A302, to purchase Carnations.

February is American Heart Month. Did you know, chemicals in tobacco smoke harm your blood cells and damage the function of your heart? This damage increases your risk for Coronary Heart disease. Coronary Heart disease is where platelets, components in the blood, stick together along with proteins to form clots which can then get stuck in the plaque in the walls of arteries and cause heart attacks. STAND with Key Club and sign the Pledge against Tobacco sign on the wall across from the guidance office during your lunch periods.

Boys’ rugby workouts will be moved to tomorrow night at 7pm, at Franklin Elementary School.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich $2.00

Mac & Cheese $2.00

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50