Tuesday February 7, 2016

There will be a Boys Spring Track sign up meeting today at 3:15 in Lecture Hall 2. Please come and sign up for the upcoming season. Any questions see Coach Dow in the lunchroom 6th period.

The book room will begin selling Winter Dance tickets this Thursday, so pick up a ticket form to fill out today!

Juniors! The class of 2018 is selling Malley’s bars to raise money for YOUR 2018 PROM. If you want to have the most spectacular prom ever, help your fellow classmates out by selling a box of Malley’s bars all throughout February. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and nothing says “I adore you,” more than chocolate! Stop by Ms. Johnson’s room in B305 or Mr. Roth’s room in A210 to get your box today. Please come either before or after school ONLY! You must have your student ID with you to start selling.

The MILES Program is selling water for $1 in room C116 – stop by and see us!

Valentine’s Day is Tuesday, February 14th. How are you going to celebrate it? Today through Monday, February 13th, Key Club is selling Carnations for $1, during lunch periods. Send one to your best friend, your girlfriend or boyfriend, your secret admirer, or your favorite teacher, and tell them how much you love them. The flowers will be delivered 1st period on Tuesday, February 14th, Valentine’s Day. See a Key Club member during lunch periods, stop in Ms. Stephenson’s Room, A202, or Mrs. Gabriel’s room, A302, to purchase Carnations.

Breathing tobacco smoke can change your blood chemistry and damage your blood vessels. As you inhale smoke, cells that line your body’s blood vessels react to its chemicals. Your heart rate and blood pressure go up and your blood vessels thicken and narrow. STAND with Key Club and sign the Pledge against Tobacco sign on the wall across from the guidance office during your lunch periods.

Boys’ rugby workouts have been moved to Franklin Elementary School tonight, at 7pm.

As a part of Black History Month, students from Race & Diversity have invited representatives from the Black Lives Matter movement to field questions about their organization. Please join us after school tomorrow in LEC hall 1. Come learn more about their perspective, ask tough questions and share your experience in order to see where BLM fits into the larger racial narrative in our history.   That’s tomorrow at 3:15 in LEC hall 1.  Refreshments will be served.

Class of 2018 seniors…there will be a 2018 Seniors only football meeting today in room A102 at 3:00pm with Coach Hannan.

Come out and meet the new football coach this Friday, February 10th at 6:00pm in the Civic Auditorium.

Cancer kills more children than any other disease.  Play kickball and raise money for children’s cancer research. New Kick-It teams are signing up every day. Stop in B125 today to become part of the solution for kids with cancer.

Auditions for the spring musical, LITTLE WOMEN, are after school Monday, February 13th and Wednesday, February 15th. Anyone interested should pick up an audition packet from Mr. Farinelli in C218, Mr. Hampton Lecture Hall 3, or Ms. Sabin B208.

There will be an Organizational Meeting for any student that is interested in Trying Out for The LHS Baseball Teams this Spring, tomorrow at 3:05 in Lecture Hall 2.  It is very important that you attend or at least stop by to find out dates and information needed to tryout.

Model UN will meet tomorrow at 5:30 in C314…questions, see Dr. G.

The following students should stop by Mrs. Hansen’s classroom to pick up art show information:
    Victoria Gregg

Holly Pursel

Jamuna Poudel

Amelia Richardson

​Stop by Mrs. Hansen’s class anytime in B206.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich $2.00

Mac & Cheese $2.00

Fiestadas $2.50

Chicken Ranch & Cheese Wrap $3.50