Friday February 10, 2017

The bookroom is selling Winter Dance tickets today thru Wednesday, February 22nd, you must have a signed form in order to purchase a ticket. This year’s theme for the Winter Dance is “Casino Night”. Don’t miss out on the fun on Saturday, February 25th at Harding from 7:00 to 10:00pm. Get your tickets early to avoid the rush!

Valentine’s Day is Tuesday, February 14th. How are you going to celebrate it? Starting today through Monday, February 13th, Key Club is selling Carnations for $1, during lunch periods. Send one to your best friend, your girlfriend or boyfriend, your secret admirer, or your favorite teacher, and tell them how much you love them. The flowers will be delivered 1st period on Tuesday, February 14th, Valentine’s Day. See a Key Club member during lunch periods, stop in Ms. Stephenson’s Room, A202, or Mrs. Gabriel’s room, A302, to purchase Carnations.

Cigarette smoking is as widespread and significant as a risk factor that the Surgeon General has called it “the leading preventable cause of disease and deaths in the United States.” STAND with Key Club and sign the Pledge against Tobacco sign on the wall across from the guidance office during your lunch periods.

Juniors! The class of 2018 is selling Malley’s bars to raise money for YOUR 2018 PROM. If you want to have the most spectacular prom ever, help your fellow classmates out by selling a box of Malley’s bars all throughout February. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and nothing says “I adore you,” more than chocolate! Stop by Ms. Johnson’s room in B305 or Mr. Roth’s room in A210 to get your box today. Please come either before or after school ONLY! You must have your student ID with you to start selling.

Come out and meet the new football coach tonight at 6:00pm in the Civic Auditorium.

Love pictures? Want to help kids with cancer?  Come to the Media art and design photo stand on Valentine’s Day during your lunch period. Just 50¢ for a high quality picture in front of their back drop. All proceeds will go to children’s cancer research.

Auditions for the spring musical, LITTLE WOMEN, are after school Monday, February 13th and Wednesday, February 15th. Anyone interested should pick up an audition packet from Mr. Farinelli in C218, Mr. Hampton Lecture Hall 3, or Ms. Sabin B208.

The 15th Annual Physics Cardboard Boat Regatta sponsored by Tavens Packaging & Display Solutions, is scheduled for after school on Tuesday, March 7th. We are currently looking for Lakewood High School Clubs or Groups to build cardboard boats & participate. We are also looking for staff to participate and/or volunteer.  Please contact Mr. Hille in room A312 to sign up or get more information.  Staff, please email Mr. Hille if you’d like to volunteer.

The Lakewood Academic Challenge Team has begun defending its Conference Championship from last year.  So far, having competed in five matches this February, Lakewood is 5-0.  Over the past five years the regular season record for Lakewood is an outstanding 35-1, and has been Conference Champion ever year.  The Team will be appearing on Television Saturday, Feb. 18th at 7:00 PM, on WEWS Channel Five.  Be sure to mark your calendar to watch Lakewood’s finest, answer questions on the local air-waves.  Congrats to our outstanding Varsity squad!

Join club identity Tuesday, Feb 14th in C219 at 3:15 to discuss love in the LGBTQ+ community and for a Valentine’s Day craft for the whole school.

Are you interested in learning how to communicate using American Sign Language?  Interested in learning more about the language and culture of the Deaf community? This club is open to all staff and students!!!  We will meet on Wednesdays after school in Room C307, our first meeting will be Wednesday, February 15th.  Bring a friend and let’s start signing.

Boys’ rugby will have a mandatory meeting after school today in C114.

The Young Conservatives Club will meet next Thursday, February 16th at 3:15pm in room C311. The club aims to be a forum to discuss politics and to give a voice to those that feel they are a part of the silent majority. You don’t need to watch C-Span all day to be a part of this group, those who are just interested in learning, are more than welcome. Refreshments will be served.

Art Club will meet today after school in B206. We need your help making decorations for the Winter Dance!

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Friday Fries $1.00

Fiestadas $2.50

And the special of the day, is a Chicken Rice & Cheese Wrap $2.50