Thursday February 23, 2017

The Winter Formal is THIS Saturday, February 25th at Harding from 7:00 to 10:00pm.  Today is the last day of ticket sales.  This is it folks, you need to purchase your tickets now!  Even if you are in Student Council or decorating or in Art Club, you still need to turn in a signed form to the bookroom.  The decorating committee will meet at Harding at 8:30 on Saturday morning.  If you signed up to decorate and you do not show up on Saturday morning, you will NOT be allowed into the dance.

Art Club will be meeting after school today, one day earlier to finish the winter dance decorations. You must also have your permission slip for the Winter Formal signed and turned in to the book room by the end of the day today. You may also come by during your study hall or lunch to paint.

It’s Spirit Week this week!

Today:  Tie-Dye!

Tomorrow:  Class Colors!  freshmen/red – sophomores/blue – juniors/green – seniors/purple & staff/black!

Seniors!  The final day to order your senior T-shirt is fast approaching, order your T-shirt today!

Attention Seniors!  If you are interested in representing your class and speaking at commencement, please sign up in the cafeteria, outside room C215 or outside of the Bookroom.  Tryouts will take place after school on March 20th.  Questions, see Mr. Lamphear in C215.

Valentine’s Day may be over, but it’s never a bad day for chocolate! The Junior Class is still selling Malley’s Bars to raise money for YOUR 2018 Prom! Stop by Ms. Johnson’s room (B305), before or after school, if you are interested in selling a box. You can buy individual bars from Ms. Johnson, as well. Reminder, if you have signed out a box to sell, the $36 is due by the end of this month. The remaining balance will be added to your student fees. Please return any and all funds to Ms. Johnson in room B305 or Mr. Roth in room A210.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Smooth_Criminal_by_Michael_Jackson.ogg JUST DANCE, LHS Dance Group Show, tonight & tomorrow night @ 7:30 in the Civic.  Get your tickets in the Bookroom or at the door.

The H2O office will be closed today, but the cart outside the door has all the information you need for getting involved in the Kick-It campaign to raise money for children’s cancer research and to sign up for upcoming service events.  February and March calendars are also available.

The 15th Annual Physics Cardboard Boat Regatta sponsored by Tavens Packaging and Display Solutions is scheduled for after school on Tuesday, March 7th.  We are currently looking for Lakewood High School Clubs or Groups to build cardboard boats and participate.  We are also looking for staff to participate and/or volunteer.  Please contact Mr. Hille in room A312 to sign up or get more information.  Also, tickets will be available in the bookroom or in A312 starting on Tuesday…last year was a sell out so get your ticket today.  Again, see Mr. Hille in room A312 to sign up your club or group.  Staff, please email Mr. Hille if you’d like to volunteer.

The MILES Program is selling bottled water for $1 in C116 – stop by and see us!

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Chicken Rice w/Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50