Tuesday February 28, 2017

The SATs tomorrow, are for juniors only – there is no school for 9th, 10th and 12th graders.

Juniors, it is very important that you be in your assigned rooms by 8:00 AM.

Be sure to bring #2 pencils and a calculator!

Seniors! There’s still time to order flowers and senior T-shirts. If you are thinking about ordering a T-shirt, we suggest you pre-order it now, because the bookroom will not be selling them once we’ve placed the order.

Congratulations to Garrett Bodnar! You, are the winner of the Winter Formal senior flower and senior T-shirt drawing!

Attention Seniors! If you are interested in representing your class and speaking at commencement, please sign up in the cafeteria, outside room C215 or outside of the Bookroom. Tryouts will take place after school on March 20th. Questions, see Mr. Lamphear in C215.

Congratulations to the Girls Basketball team for advancing to the OHSAA District finals by beating Magnificat 47-36. They will face Medina March 2nd at 7:00pm at Valley Forge high school. You can purchase your ticket in the athletic office after school today, Wednesday and Thursday. Ticket sales will end at 3:30pm on Thursday.
    There will be NO Bio-Bench today.

Students who are currently taking a math class of any level. Math Study Tables will be held today after school from 3-3:30pm in Mr. Petto’s room, B310. Ask your teacher for information if you forget!

Valentine’s Day may be over, but it’s never a bad day for chocolate! The Junior Class is still selling Malley’s Bars to raise money for YOUR 2018 Prom! Stop by Ms. Johnson’s room (B305), before or after school, if you are interested in selling a box. You can buy individual bars from Ms. Johnson, as well. Reminder, if you have signed out a box to sell, the $36 is due by the end of this month. The remaining balance will be added to your student fees. Please return any and all funds to Ms. Johnson in room B305 or Mr. Roth in room A210.

Make dinner a selfless act by joining the LHS 2017 After Prom Committee for a fundraiser at the Lakewood Chipotle tomorrow, March 1st between 5:00 & 9:00 PM. Bring the flyer, or show it on your smartphone or just tell the cashier that you are supporting the cause to make sure that 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the LHS After Prom Committee.

Looking to share your special talents? Consider auditioning for this year’s LHS Talent Show! All interested in participating MUST attend an info meeting this Thursday, March 2nd, at 3:00 in LEC hall 2. Auditions will be held this Friday, March 3rd at 3:00 in the Civic. Again, a MANDITORY info meeting for all interested in participating in the talent show is this Thursday after school in LEC hall 2.

Do you have any paperwork that needs shredded? If so, please bring it to MILES in room C120 or C110 and we’ll shred it for you, even if it has staples.

We will begin selling Prom tickets this Thursday…price is yet to be determined.

To all those that are interested in running Boys’ Track this spring. Our 1st practice will be held on Monday, March 6th. Meet at the locker room, the 1st locker room on the Bunts Rd. side of the stadium. Please bring your emergency medical forms that were handed out at the sign up meeting. If you need one, stop by the athletic office. See you Monday!

As a part of Black History Month, we have been sharing biographies of people who have made an impact in our history…our final biography is for…Bayard Rustin, who was Martin Luther King Jr’s right hand man, a freedom rider, and an openly gay man. He worked tirelessly to create a dialogue about both rights for black and gay people.

Attention AP Students: Do you want to earn college credit for all your hard work in your Advanced Placements classes? Registrations for the AP exams are now underway in the Book Room. Registration forms are available in the Bookroom, from your AP teachers and your house office. A $15 deposit per exam is required and due by March 22nd. This date is set by the College Board, therefore we cannot accept deposits after March 22nd or you will have to pay a $55 per test LATE Fee! See Mr. Takacs if you have questions.

Model UN will meet this Thursday at 5:15pm in room C314.
    Lakewood is rallying around Jeremy, a Garfield student with leukemia and all children who are battling cancer when they should be playing and being kids. You and your friends can help! Come to A107 after school today to find out all about our Kick-It for Children’s Cancer campaign here at LHS.
    The 15th annual Physics Cardboard Boat Regatta sponsored by Tavens Packaging and Display Solutions is scheduled after school on Tuesday, March 7th. We are still looking for Lakewood High School Clubs or Groups to build cardboard boats and participate. Please contact Mr. Hille in room A312 to sign up or get more information. Tickets are now available in the bookroom or in A312…cost is only $1…last year was a sell out so get your ticket today. Again, see Mr. Hille in room A312 to sign up your club or group and buy your tickets soon.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

BBQ Chicken w/Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50