Friday March 3, 2017

Seniors: There’s still time to order flowers and your senior T-shirts but time is running out quickly, so get your orders in soon!

Attention Seniors! If you are interested in representing your class and speaking at commencement, please sign up in the cafeteria, outside room C215 or outside of the Bookroom. Tryouts will take place after school on March 20th. Questions, see Mr. Lamphear in C215.

Seniors! Senior Promise 2017 invites schools and teen-based organizations to submit proposed slogans for this year’s campaign. One winning entry will become the Senior Promise 2017 slogan and the winner of a $5,000 grant. National Foundation for Teen Safe Driving will award a total of $10,000 in grants to the 10 schools or organizations submitting the best entries. The nationwide PSA campaign will issue a call-to-action for students, parents, guardians, and every member of the community to help make this a safe prom and graduation season. Learn more at http://nftsd.org/outreach/awareness-campaigns/senior-promise-2017/ and submit your entry by March 15th.

Auditions for this year’s LHS Talent Show for today have been cancelled.

Do you have any paperwork that needs to be shredded? If so, please bring it to MILES in room C120 or C110 and we’ll shred it for you, even if it still has staples.

Prom & after prom forms are now available in the bookroom. Get the forms filled out and order your tickets early!

To all those that are interested in running Boys’ Track this spring. Our 1st practice will be held on Monday, March 6th. Meet at the locker room, the 1st locker room on the Bunts Rd. side of the stadium. Please bring your emergency medical forms that were handed out at the sign up meeting. If you need one, stop by the athletic office. See you Monday!

AP Students:  Do you want to earn college credit for all your hard work in your Advanced Placements classes?  Registrations for the AP exams are now underway in the Book Room.  Registration forms are available in the Bookroom, from your AP teachers and your house office. A $15 deposit per exam is required and due by March 22nd.  This date is set by the College Board, therefore we cannot accept deposits after March 22nd or you will have to pay a $55 per test LATE Fee!   See Mr. Takacs if you have questions.

It’s not easy being green……… do you care about the Earth? Are you interested in more volunteer opportunities?  If so, come to the LHS Environmental Club in A315 Mondays after school!!!!!! Hope to see you there!

Attention Watters Science Seminar members.  Our next seminar will be Wednesday, March 8th during periods 3 & 4 in LEC hall 2.  Our guest is Jim Nemet from the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo who will bring animals and discuss the research being conducted by the zoo to help animals in captivity.  Permission slips are available from your science teacher and they are due on MONDAY, MARCH 6th.

Attention Seniors: If you have applied to Tri-C and are interested in attending the Tri-C Freshman Day on April 7th, there will be a field trip to the Tri-C Western Campus from 8:00am to 2:00pm, there are only 20 spots available – Students will leave the event with a Tri-C photo ID and their schedule for the Fall 2017 classes.

Please report to the Guidance Office to sign up and get details you will need in order to attend. First come first served, transportation, light breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge.

Winter blues getting you down? Have no fear…the HIGH SCHOOL LOCK IN is here!

What is a high school lock in?  Well grab your friends and head out to Westlake Rec Center for a night of fun filled activities & network with other high school students from WESTLAKE, ROCKY RIVER, BAY VILLAGE, & MORE!

The LOCK IN is next Friday, MARCH 10th from 8:45 PM UNTIL 3:00 AM! 

There will be a DJ/ DANCING/ FREE ACCESS to ALL of the AMENITIES at the REC CENTER, GAMES, CONTESTS/PRIZES & YES, even a photo booth!

You get all this plus PIZZA & other fun foods for only $10.00!!  Oh, and you get a t-shirt too!

This LOCK IN Event is sponsored by the Westshore Young Leaders Network which promotes healthy lifestyles and abstinence from alcohol and drugs.

Permission slips are available in the bookroom & in the guidance office. Permission slips & money need to be turned in to the guidance office today. QUESTIONS? See Ms. DeChant

Clara Wagh and Jessica Bohannon are headed off to Regional Pastry Cake and Tray Competition at Stark State College tomorrow – make sure to wish them both luck!

Dance Group members that have ordered DVD’s please get your money into Mrs. Hays so she can place the order.

American Sign Language Club will meet next Wednesday in Room C307 at 3:10pm.

Do you want to make a difference in the fight to end childhood cancer? If so, Student Council is hosting the St. Baldrick’s Braves the Shave event! We are raising money to donate towards ending childhood cancer and research. We will be selling bracelets during the lunch periods starting Monday, as well as in Mr. Stelter’s room, C121, and Mr. Wondrak’s room, C114. We are asking for a $1 donation but will accept any loose change as well.

The 15th Annual Physics Cardboard Boat Regatta sponsored by Tavens Packaging and Display Solutions is scheduled for Tuesday, March 7th from 3:00pm until 4:00pm.  Over 200 physics students have been constructing boats out of cardboard and packing tape that can hold 2 students and be able to float across the pool without sinking.  Last year’s regatta was hysterical!  We have over 50 cardboard boats this year.  The cost of admission is only $1.00 for staff and students.  Presale tickets are available in the bookroom or room A312, get your tickets quickly as last year’s regatta was a sellout.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Friday Fries $1.00

Hot & Spicy Chicken & Cheese Wrap $3.00

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50