Tuesday March 7, 2017

Can you juggle and chew gum at the same time or maybe you have talking pet?  Then you may want to show off these wonderful talents at the 2017 Talent Show.  Auditions for the Talent Show will be held tomorrow at 3pm outside of the cafeterias. Students MUST sign up in advance to audition. Signup sheets are posted outside the bookroom until the end of school today. Only students who have signed up in advance will be able to audition tomorrow. So sign up now!

Seniors!  If you are interested in representing your class and speaking at commencement, please sign up in the cafeteria, outside room C215 or outside of the Bookroom.  Tryouts will take place after school on March 20th.  Questions, see Mr. Lamphear in C215.

Attention Seniors: If you have applied to Tri-C and are interested in attending the Tri-C Freshman Day on April 7th, there will be a field trip to the Tri-C Western Campus from 8:00am to 2:00pm, there are only 20 spots available – Students will leave the event with a Tri-C photo ID and their schedule for the Fall 2017 classes.

Please report to the Guidance Office to sign up and get details you will need in order to attend. First come first served, transportation, light breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge.

American Sign Language Club will meet tomorrow in Room C307 at 3:10pm.

Prom & after prom forms are now available in the bookroom.  Get the forms filled out and order your tickets early!

Also, Seniors!  There’s still time to order flowers and your senior T-shirts but time is running out quickly, so get your orders in today!

AP Students:  Do you want to earn college credit for all your hard work in your Advanced Placements classes?  Registrations for the AP exams are now underway in the Book Room.  Registration forms are available in the Bookroom, from your AP teachers and your house office. A $15 deposit per exam is required and due by March 22nd.  This date is set by the College Board, therefore we cannot accept deposits after March 22nd or you will have to pay a $55 per test LATE Fee!   See Mr. Takacs if you have questions.

The LHS Girls Track & Field Team is holding a fundraiser from noon to 10:00pm today at the Lakewood Dairy Queen.  Be sure to show the flyer or mention you are supporting our program!

NO drive thru!  In store and carry out only!

Watters Science Seminar students who have completed a permission slip for this month’s seminar, please remember that we are meeting in LEC Hall 2 tomorrow (Wednesday) during periods 3 & 4.

Join Race and diversity after school tomorrow in room C309.  We will look at one of the biggest issues in today’s political climate: Confirmation Bias.  That’s tomorrow after school in C309.  Refreshments will be served.

Students who are currently taking a math class of any level. Math Study Tables will be held today after school from 3-3:30pm in Ms. Thompson’s room, B201. Ask your teacher for information if you forget!

Rangerette & Flag clinics & tryouts will be coming up soon. The Rangerette clinics are March 20th thru the 22nd with tryouts on Thursday, March 23rd. The Flags clinics are April 3rd thru the 6th, with tryouts on Friday, March 7th.  Both are at Garfield Middle School gym and they are both scheduled from 4-6pm each day.

Congratulations to Jessica Bohannon and Clara Wagh for both earning three stars (gold metals) at the FCCLA Regional Pastry Events last Saturday!  Congratulations also go out to Caitlyn Harrison, De’vryon Gray and Lashawna Eppinger for earning two stars (silver medals) at FCCLA regional competition last Friday!

Key Club is collecting canned food items to be donated to the Cleveland Food Bank. If you would like to donate any items to the drive, please drop them off in Ms. Stephenson’s Room A202. The drive will continue through this Friday, March 10th.

The 15th Annual Physics Cardboard Boat Regatta sponsored by Tavens Packaging and Display Solutions is TODAY from 3:00pm until 4:00pm.  Tickets are almost sold out, get yours now so you can watch the action.  See Mr. Hille in A312 or the bookroom, cost is just $1.00.  That’s TODAY AFTER SCHOOL AT THE LHS POOL, you must have a ticket to witness the physics action.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Chicken Ranch w/Mozzarella Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50