Spring has Sprung!

With the official closure of the 2017 winter season,  March 20th marked the very first day of spring here in Northeast Ohio. Although the wild temperature swings and crazy “hot then cold” conditions of the winter really put a damper on some of us, there is no need to fear. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicts that this spring will bring above average temperatures that will last through May. They expect that we will see a very average amount of precipitation. So, with this good news in mind, how will you spend your spring of 2017? Here are some easy and exciting ways to have fun with friends and family– rain or shine.

Cleveland Metroparks With above average temperatures this spring, you’ll definitely want to get outside and take advantage of the beautiful metro parks that Cleveland has to offer. The Cleveland Metroparks offers a variety of programs and events, including activities such as hiking, kayaking, and birdwatching.

Cleveland Museum of Art Caught in the rain? The Cleveland Museum of Art has a wide range of exciting exhibits to explore, including their most recently featured exhibit– Pharaoh: King of Ancient Egypt. This exhibit brings 3,000 years of history to life, portraying a number of interesting ancient stories.

EarthFest 2017 On Saturday, April 22nd, the Earth Day Coalition will be presenting EarthFest 2017 at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds. The event will feature the “vibrant green space” through various activities and presentations. Take advantage of the nice weather and learn more about the impacts of Earth.

Cleveland and the rest of the Northeast Ohio area has so much to offer in terms of going out and having a good time.  With the emergence of a pleasant spring to come, take advantage of all your city has in store!