Tuesday March 21, 2017

Today’s the day to enjoy a great meal at Jammy Buggar’s and support Our Kick-It campaign and much needed research to find a cure for children’s cancer.  Be sure to mention Kick-It when ordering!

Join Race & diversity after school tomorrow in room C309 for a conversation on the power of the media and how it influences the way we see the world.  We will look at one of the biggest issues, especially in today’s political climate: Confirmation Bias.  That’s Wednesday after school in C309.  Refreshments will be served.

Kaplan will be holding its first ever ACT Prepathon this Saturday, March 25th from 12pm – 6pm. Students can join in live to practice for the upcoming ACT test. Every hour, on the hour, one of our top instructors will coach attendees through a different section of the ACT.For more information and to sign up for this FREE event, please have students visit www.kaptest.com/Prepathon.

Attention AP Students:  Do you want to earn college credit for all your hard work in your Advanced Placements classes? Registration forms are available in the Bookroom, from your AP teachers and your house office. A $15 deposit per exam is required and due by this Wednesday.  This date is set by the College Board, therefore we cannot accept deposits after Wednesday or you will have to pay a $55 per test LATE Fee!   See Mr. Takacs if you have questions.

The absolute last day to purchase Prom, After Prom & Senior T-shirt & flowers has been extended to this Friday, March 24th. There will be no more sales after Friday.

Barney’s Café is Thursday, March 30th at 7:00pm on The Civic stage. Do you have a hidden or not so hidden talent in poetry, prose, music, visual arts and all other performing art forms that you can think of? Be part of a live intimate setting when performers and audience share The Civic stage. No auditions, signup sheet is posted on the door to The Civic.  Come enjoy coffee, tea and other beverages. Bake sale from the Barnstormers to go with your awesome beverages. This event is sponsored by The Barnstormers and the LHS Orchestra programs.​

Do something different this weekend.  A Lakewood student group is organizing a “Just for Kicks” soccer tournament this Saturday at 3:30pm. The goal is to bring students together from different groups and backgrounds to play the world’s most popular sport! This is a FREE social event.  Bring friends and have fun!  We will organize teams and begin at 3:30pm on the varsity field.  Pizza will be served.  See Mr. Lobozzo in room C309 with any questions.

The MILES Program is selling bottled water for $1 in C116 – stop by and see us!

Rangerette clinics are today and tomorrow with tryouts this Thursday, March 23rd. The Flags clinics are April 3rd thru the 6th, with tryouts on Friday, April 7th.  Both are at Garfield Middle School gym and they are both scheduled from 4-6pm each day.

All girls’ rugby players are to report to room C114 tomorrow, before 1st period to see Mr. Wondrak. Come out to watch the Girls Rugby team take on Highland, at Highland Middle School field, tomorrow, Wednesday at 6pm!  Go Rangers!!

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Hot & Spicy Chicken w/Cheese Wrap $3.50

Stromboli $2.00