Wednesday March 22, 2017

Kick-It team, Nate & Hanna, would like to remind everyone to enjoy the best pizza in Lakewood from Angelo’s today and help find a cure for children’s cancer.  Also check out the amazing bracelets they are selling during lunch periods and all day in the H2O office.

Beginning this week, all football players not in a spring sport are expected to be at weightlifting/conditioning on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday’s from 3:30 – 5:00pm at Taft. Questions, see coach Hannan in Lec Hall 1.

Join Race & diversity today after school in room C309 for a conversation on the power of the media and how it influences the way we see the world.  We will look at one of the biggest issues, especially in today’s political climate: Confirmation Bias.  That’s Wednesday after school in C309.  Refreshments will be served.

Kaplan will be holding its first ever ACT Prepathon this Saturday, March 25th from 12pm – 6pm. Students can join in live to practice for the upcoming ACT test. Every hour, on the hour, one of our top instructors will coach attendees through a different section of the ACT. For more information and to sign up for this FREE event, please have students visit www.kaptest.com/Prepathon.

Support the Sophomore class at Chipotle!  Eat at the Lakewood Chipotle on Detroit this Saturday, March 25th from 5:00-9:00 pm.  50% of the sales will go to Lakewood High School’s sophomore class.  You must state that you are supporting the sophomore class fundraiser when ordering.  Thank you for your support!

Are you a senior planning to attend college next year and major in education?  If this is you, there are opportunities for $500 scholarships available through the Lakewood Teachers Association.  Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need, scholastic achievement, extracurricular activities and an essay. Further information about the on-line application is available in the guidance department and on the LHS web page. Completed applications are due on Friday,  April 7, 2017. It’s not too soon to get started!

Come out to watch the Girls Rugby team take on Highland, at Highland Middle School field, today at 6pm!  Go Rangers!!

ASL Club will be tomorrow after school in room C307.

The deposit for AP registration of $15 is due today.  This date is set by the College Board, therefore we cannot accept deposits after today, or you will have to pay a $55 per test LATE Fee!   See Mr. Takacs if you have questions.

Do something different this weekend.  A Lakewood student group is organizing a “Just for Kicks” soccer tournament this Saturday at 3:30pm. The goal is to bring students together from different groups and backgrounds to play the world’s most popular sport! This is a FREE social event.  Bring friends and have fun!  We will organize teams and begin at 3:30pm on the varsity field.  Pizza will be served.  See Mr. Lobozzo in room C309 with any questions.

Barney’s Café is Thursday, March 30th at 7:00pm on The Civic stage. Do you have a hidden or not so hidden talent in poetry, prose, music, visual arts and all other performing art forms that you can think of? Be part of a live intimate setting when performers and audience share The Civic stage. No auditions, signup sheet is posted on the door to The Civic.  Come enjoy coffee, tea and other beverages. Bake sale from the Barnstormers to go with your awesome beverages. This event is sponsored by The Barnstormers and the LHS Orchestra programs.​

The Rangerette clinic is today with tryouts tomorrow. The Flags clinics are April 3rd thru the 6th, with tryouts on Friday, April 7th.  Both are at Garfield Middle School gym and they are both scheduled from 4-6pm each day.

DePaul University will be visiting LHS this Friday, March 24th from 12:00 to 1:00. Juniors & seniors are encouraged to meet with the College Representatives inside the new Guidance Department Room A111.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50