Thursday March 23, 2017

Beginning this week, all football players not in a spring sport are expected to be at weightlifting/conditioning on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday’s from 3:30 – 5:00pm at Taft. Questions, see coach Hannan in Lec Hall 1.

ASL Club will be today after school in room C307.

Rangerette tryouts are today from 4:00 to 6:00pm at Garfield Middle School gym.

The Flags clinics are April 3rd thru the 6th, with tryouts on Friday, April 7th at Garfield Middle School gym from 4:00 to 6:00pm each day.

DePaul University will be visiting LHS tomorrow from 12:00 to 1:00. Juniors & seniors are encouraged to meet with the College Representatives inside the new Guidance Department, Room A111.

The absolute last day to purchase Prom, After Prom & Senior T-shirt & flowers is tomorrow. There will be no more sales after tomorrow.

Support the Sophomore class at Chipotle!  Eat at the Lakewood Chipotle on Detroit this Saturday, March 25th from 5:00-9:00 pm.  50% of the sales will go to Lakewood High School’s sophomore class.  You must state that you are supporting the sophomore class fundraiser when ordering.  Thank you for your support!

Gamers Club tomorrow will be the 3rd quarter tournament and will go until 5:30pm. Gamers should bring $3 if they want to have pizza.

Kaplan will be holding its first ever ACT Prepathon this Saturday, March 25th from 12pm – 6pm. Students can join in live to practice for the upcoming ACT test. Every hour, on the hour, one of our top instructors will coach attendees through a different section of the ACT. For more information and to sign up for this FREE event, please have students visit www.kaptest.com/Prepathon.

Do something different this weekend.  A Lakewood student group is organizing a “Just for Kicks” soccer tournament this Saturday at 3:30pm. The goal is to bring students together from different groups and backgrounds to play the world’s most popular sport! This is a FREE social event.  Bring friends and have fun!  We will organize teams and begin at 3:30pm on the varsity field.  Pizza will be served.  See Mr. Lobozzo in room C309 with any questions.

Barney’s Café is Thursday, March 30th at 7:00pm on The Civic stage. Do you have a hidden or not so hidden talent in poetry, prose, music, visual arts and all other performing art forms that you can think of? Be part of a live intimate setting when performers and audience share The Civic stage. No auditions, signup sheet is posted on the door to The Civic.  Come enjoy coffee, tea and other beverages. Bake sale from the Barnstormers to go with your awesome beverages. This event is sponsored by The Barnstormers and the LHS Orchestra programs.​

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Chicken Ranch w/Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50