Nate Young

Nate Young

Lakewood High School’s very own senior Nate Young has gone above and beyond student expectations since freshman year.

Nate devotes a huge portion of his free time to Lakewood sports and organizations, working hard every day in everything he is involved in. He is senior class publicist in student council, Help “2” Others volunteer, avid swimmer/team captain, and leader of American Youth Foundation leadership club.

Over his four years here at LHS, he has accumulated over 100 hours of service and is currently a top fundraiser for his Kick-It team raising money for kids cancer research. Nate has played a huge role in senior class fundraisers with his crucial publicist position helping to plan and advertise t-shirt sales, Winter Formal, and the talent show last week.

Because of his extensive involvement and amazing personality he was also nominated for Homecoming King this past fall.

Nate has already committed to The Ohio State University for the fall and cannot wait to pursue a career in Landscape Architecture. He is also bringing his leadership talents to the scholars program “Mount Leadership” where he will be constantly volunteering and attending leadership retreats to extend the lifestyle he has developed in high school.

I talked to Nate about his overall high school experience and he had great things to say about his school and hometown that he will always remember when he is in Columbus. He said, “I am so fortunate to have gone to Lakewood High School all four years. I love this community and the people in it, and cannot wait to bring my experience to Ohio State.”

I loved putting the spotlight on Nate for this week and can’t wait to see what he is going to do in the future!