Results of H2O’s Kick-It Tournament

A few weeks ago I wrote an article discussing Help “2” Other’s (H2O) upcoming Kick-It tournament raising money for pediatric cancer research. This past Saturday, April 1st, the games began to commence around 1. The whole event was fitness themed with a professional exercise dance instructor and yoga instructor open for all who intended from all ages. Elementary school PTAs were selling healthy and not-so-healthy concessions as well as more bracelet sales for Nate and Hanna’s team. All in all, the club fundraised $5400 (but there is still more donations coming in so totals won’t be finalized until next week).

They met their goal with the help of seven total fundraising teams to make for a super fun Saturday afternoon. After a few grueling battles, Nate and Hanna’s team came out on top in the tournament as well as fundraising the most with around $1450. Honorable mention to The One Kick Wonders and Average Joe’s for their huge contribution and good fight in the tournament. The whole day was a huge success and a fun event for all ages, with people volunteering or just attending to have fun and enjoy some classic kick ball fun.

All proceeds are being directly donated to Kick-It for pediatric cancer research which is an amazing opportunity for Lakewood High School to have participated in. Since the event was a blast and definitely a success, we hope the club continues to do this event every year hopefully getting more and more people involved.

Even other LHS organizations like the French Club participated in the event with their own team, so next year get a group together and start fundraising!