UNC Wins it ALL

The NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament has finally come to an end on April 3rd as the University of North Carolina Tarheels defeated the Gonzaga Bulldogs.

Both teams entered the national championship game as number 1 seeds coming out of the Final Four. The Final Four consisted of both UNC and Gonzaga, Oregon Ducks, and South Carolina Gamecocks.  After two thrilling games to advance to the championship game, UNC and Gonzaga were the two finalists.

The year before, North Carolina suffered a devastating loss to Villanova after a game winning three hit by Nova.  This year however, was a year of redemption for the Tarheels as they earned their sixth National Championship.

The game as many said was a “sloppily” played game and poorly officiated. “It was an ugly game,”, said North Carolina Head Coach, Roy Williams, who had won his third National Championship with UNC. “I don’t think either team played well offensively. The magnitude of the game had a lot to do with it.”

The magnitude of the game indeed had to do with much of the game as it was had 76,168 people in attendance at the University of Phoenix Stadium.

UNC finished the game going on an 8-0 run that was keyed by their defense. With Gonzaga down by three, a play was ran to get the ball in the bucket by driving into the lane, but the shot was then blocked by UNC’s Kennedy Meeks. With block leading to a fast break dunk by First-Team All-American, Justin Jackson, the Tarheels had sealed the deal for another National Championship.