Lakewood Mother Sentenced for KIlling

A Lakewood mother was sentenced to 19 years in prison on Wednesday. She suffocated her daughter and dumped the body in a filed in North Ridgeville.

Tyburski at the age of forty-seven pleaded guilty to charges of murder, felonious assault, tampering of evidence, and abuse of a corpse. The aggravated murder charge was dropped.

Tyburski admitted to murdering her daughter. Janet has apologized to families and friends of the  Lakewood and North Ridgeville community. She admits that she wasn’t in the correct state of mind and says she regrets it everyday, but it is something she has to live with.

She thanks the people of Lorain county jai for helping her with her mental state.

Her daughter Rachel was found with blunt force trauma to her head and chest. The police say the trauma wasn’t severe enough to be fatal though. Suffocation was the cause of Rachel’s death. She had bruises to her head and chest which was most likely from her struggle to survive. When she was found she was partially clothed.

Tyburski has three children and raised her grandchild after her husband’s death. It is said that Rachel and Tyburski often butted heads back and forth. Their relationship has never been the best. They had a lot of trouble getting along.

Police had often been called to the house for domestic disputes. This was not the first time violence was involved. Going this far was a  pretty big shock though.