Jared Naida

Jared Naida

Every week at Lakewood High, students are chosen as Lakewood’s Featured Athletes. Since it’s baseball season, I think it’s only right to have Lakewood’s very own Jared Naida, who is apart of the Lakewood Rangers Varsity team and starts Varsity as our pitcher. Jared is also apart of the West Shore construction trades classes and is a well-known funny guy at Lakewood High, so if you’re not familiar with him, don’t be scared to get to know him!

He’s kindly given me his time to interview him this week as featured Athlete, so here are a few thing’s you may or may not know about the one and only Jared Naida.

When did you first begin playing baseball?

“When I was about 3/4. I like to think that I was born to play the game. It’s been apart of my life since I was a young child and I’d hope to play it forever.

Who’s influenced the love you have for the game and made you want to keep going with it?

“It’s been a sport that’s been apart of not only my life, but my family aswell. My brother Wayne Naida who is a 2013 graduate was also apart of the Rangers baseball team along with other club teams him and I have been apart of together. My parents have also influenced me in huge ways. They’ve always supported me through everything whether it’s been about baseball or not. I’ve learned so much from those three and wanted to continue because I don’t see myself not playing the game and not following in my families footsteps.”

Do you play any other sports here at Lakewood?

“I’m a member of the football team and I’m a defensive linemen.”

Well thank you for your time Jared! and don’t forget to get under those Friday Night Lights everyone and support our boys!

Go Rangers!