Lauren Lowell

Lauren Lowell

This week, we’re going to take a leap into track. If you like to run, you have three opportunities at Lakewood High. Cross Country could be your pick if you like long distance,  or indoor track if you want to train for the upcoming track season, and then outdoor track one of the best spring sports.

Track has so many different options for different people. You could do short, middle or long distance. If you don’t want to run you could do field events which range from pole vaulting to throwing discus. But today we’re going to talk to a long distance runner.

Lauren is a senior who has lettered in both cross country and track four times each. She has lettered in indoor track twice, as it has just become a sport at LHS (instead of a club). Lauren runs the 800m, 1600m and 3200m. She also runs the 4×800 and 4×1600. Being a senior on the track team has really opened her eyes to all the different types of people at LHS. She says that the team is more of a family than any other team she has been a part of, including middle school sports.

I have also been a part of the cross country and track team. Although I quit after junior year, I still have the friends that I met on the teams. Everyone is there to help, support and encourage you for your whole race and practice.

If you want to join a sport at LHS and don’t know which, try out track, indoor track or cross country!