Wednesday April 12, 2017

If you have not yet paid the full amount of $93.00 per AP Exam, the final day to make the payment is tomorrow.

All football players NOT in a spring sport are expected to be at weightlifting/conditioning on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays from 3:30 – 5:00pm at Taft. Questions, see coach Hannan in Lec Hall 1.

Have you figured out what mode of transportation you will be using to get to the Prom at the Botanical Gardens?  We have a FREE, no extra cost to you, shuttle bus that will pick you up at Garfield and drop you off at the Botanical Gardens and then back to Garfield after the prom…and, the After Prom is at Garfield, so how convenient is that?!?!  We have field trip forms in the bookroom.

A $500 scholarship is available to any senior majoring in education next year at the college level.  Please apply and tell us about what inspires you to become an educator!  The Lakewood Leadership Team is able to accept applications (available online, in the guidance office and on the LHS web page) until Friday, April 28th.

It’s almost yearbook time.  The 2017 edition of the LHS Cinema has been printed and will be arriving shortly.  Pre-orders will still be taken in the bookroom or online at www.jostens.com until Monday, May 1st.  Because of Spring Break, that only gives you 7 school days to make sure you will receive a yearbook on distribution day.  The current price is $60, but the price will go up to $65 May 1st.  Make sure you’re not left out.  Order your yearbook NOW!

The 2017 After Prom Committee is holding a fundraiser at Melt next Wednesday, April 19th.

ATTENTION SENIORS IN WATTERS SCIENCE SEMINAR – scholarship applications are due Monday, April 24th – the first day back from break.  Please be sure to have all necessary materials submitted to Ms. Smith (A319) by 3:15 that day.

H2O has service opportunities available during Spring Break.  Deliver groceries to seniors on Tuesday, April 18th and Friday, April 21st, or help out at EarthFest on Earth Day April 22nd.  Sign up in B125.

Malley’s chocolate is a great treat for friends and family this time of year.  Buy a Pretzel, Almond or Crunch bar in the H2O office in B125.

All AP students listen up:

AP Exam Pre-Administration sessions will be held in Lecture Hall 2 today. The purpose of this session is to prepare answer sheets for the exam and save time on exam day.  Students should bring a number 2 pencil and take seats as directed as you enter.  Students only taking one exam should sit in the back.  Students taking multiple exams should sit in the front, the more exams taken, the closer to the front they should be seated.

Students will be grouped by last name and are required to attend only the pre-registration session for their last name…

Last names A-D will be during 2º

Last names E-L will be during 3º

Last names M-Q will be during 7º

Last Names R-Z will be during 8º

All seniors will be attending an assembly in the Civic during 8º, therefore any seniors with last names R-Z should attend one of the earlier sessions.

See Mr. Takacs if you have any questions.

The 8th graders are coming, the 8th graders are coming!! Well, technically we still have a couple months, but we need to start planning for FRESH START 2017!! Fresh Start Mentor applications for any interested 9th, 10th or 11th graders can be picked in any house office, guidance office or the book room. Completed applications are due to Ms. Breckel by Friday, April 28th at 3pm.  See Ms. Breckel if you have any questions!

Looking for a great summer job?  Lakewood Recreation is now hiring enthusiastic and responsible students for summer jobs as lifeguards, pool attendants, concession workers, baseball scorekeepers and more!  Complete an application at www.lakewoodrecreation.com.  Lifeguard training courses are available this spring – sign up today!

The MILES Program is selling bottled water for $1 in C116 – stop by and see us!

A reminder to anyone who has Wednesday detention, you need to go A102 after school today.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Taco Wedges .50¢

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50