Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1: Cavaliers vs. Pacers

Last night the Cleveland Cavaliers played the Toronto Raptors in the final game of the regular season. They lost 98-83 and maintained the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference, and are now going to play the Indiana Pacers (7th seed) in the first round of the NBA Playoffs.

The NBA Playoffs system is based around a best of 7 game series. This means that the first team to win 4 games, automatically moves on to the next round of the playoffs. The way they distribute the 7 games is pretty fair. For the first 2 games, home court advantage is given to the team with a higher seed, and then the next 2 games are played at the other teams home court. At this point there could be a winner, since 4 games were played, but if no one has won yet, then they start to alternate between the 2 teams home courts, until they reach game 7, which is played at the home court of the highest ranked team.

The schedule for round 1 of the Eastern Conference: Cavaliers Vs. Pacers is listed below.

Game 1: Saturday, April 15th at 3:00PM @Quicken Loans Arena – Cleveland, OH.

Game 2: Monday, April 17th at 7:00PM @Quicken Loans Arena – Cleveland, OH.

Game 3: Thursday, April 20th at 7:00PM @Bankers Life Fieldhouse – Indianapolis, IN.

Game 4: Sunday, April 23rd at 1:00Pm @Bankers Life Fieldhouse – Indianapolis, IN.

Game 5*: Tuesday, April 25th at TBD @Quicken Loans Arena – Cleveland, OH.

Game 6*: Thursday, April 27th at TBD @Bankers Life Fieldhouse – Indianapolis, IN.

Game 7*: Saturday, April 29th at TBD @Quicken Loans Arena – Cleveland, OH.

*If Necessary

My predictions are Cavaliers in 4. Whoever actually wins in round 1, moves on to play either the Toronto Raptors or the Milwaukee Bucks.