Trump and His Continuous Executive Orders

As President Donald Trump approaches the end of his first 100 days in office, and most Americans are wondering “Did Donald Trump do what he said he would during these 100 days?” The answer is no… however some beg to differ.

If Donald Trump has done anything these past 100 days it has been signing a surplus amount executive orders. For those of you who do not know what executive orders are they are rules or orders issued by a president and then enforced as laws. This allows the president to make and enforce a law without Congress’ approval.

This power can be easily abused, as we can see. Within the first two weeks in office, Trump signed an executive order banning the entry of people from the countries Syria, Iran, Libya, Sudan, Yemen, and Somalia. Instantly people started protesting, with good reason, calling it a discrimination on religion.

Trump continues to sign executive orders to reverse the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare), changing rules about dumping waste and polluting in water, and cutting taxes but also giving money back to big business. From these orders we are all  witnessing Donald Trump abusing his power as president.

Although this is frightening, Americans must remember politicians have tried and been successful to stop the effects of these executive orders. For example, laws have filed for lawsuits against the “muslim ban” and have actual blocked the order.

The irony of it all is Congress will not pass any laws dealing with Trump’s issues, leaving Donald Trump left to pass executive orders to make it seem like he is fulfilling his promises to America.

It will be very interesting the upcoming executive orders Trump will sign, because we all know he will not stop.