What Energy Drinks Can Do To You

What Energy Drinks Can Do To You

Energy drinks are a very popular drink in America, especially with students from middle school and up. This entire business is estimated to be at a worth of $61 billion dollars by the year of 2021. Although an occasional drink is not to bad, the World Health Organization says it “may pose a danger to public health”, American Academy of Pediatrics even states that children should not consume the energy drinks.

Although different organizations say that energy drinks are fine for you, many use the argument that the drinks only contain ingredients that are already in other foods. Some of the ingredients are large amounts of caffeine, vitamin B, guarana, which is a special plant that grows in the Amazon, and many more. But as Katherine Zeratsky, a clinical dietitian at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota said,”Overall, the concern is that these vitamins, amino acids and herbals are often in higher concentrations than naturally in food or plants, and the effects when combined especially with caffeine may be enhanced,”

What is the problem with that? Drinking energy drinks can cause heart problem, caffeine intoxication, can lead to elevated blood pressure and more. Although they know this information, there is still a little bit of a mystery what the mixtures of the ingredients can still do for your body, it is not going to be good. Especially being careful around drinking energy drinks is the best thing you can do, the drinks can offer danger to for those under 18, those taking medication, or with people who have caffeine sensitivity.

Drinking energy drinks once in a while is not great but still not terrible, but drinking too much can cause serious health problems.