Athlete of the Week: Zach Moore

Zach Moore pictured above. Photo courtesy of yearbookavenue.jostens.com

Zach Moore is a busy guy indeed, and one aspect of his life that is most definitely busy is his athletic life. Moore plays tons of Lakewood High School sports as well as sports outside of school.

One of the first sports Zach participates in is cross country. He has been running cross country for seven years. Zach also runs track. He ran participated in track for four years. He has participated in the long jump, a 4×100 relay, a 4×200 relay, a 100 meter, and a 200 meter.

Next on Zach’s list of sports is basketball. He has been playing this sport for five years. Generally he played the position of the point guard on the team. Point guards are generally running offense and controlling the ball: getting it from player to player.

Second, but not least, on Zach’s list is football. In this sport, Zach played the positions of wide receiver as well as running back. He has been playing for eight years, and has also played on the Lakewood High School football team.

And lastly, Zach Moore is a baseball player. Here, he also plays for the school team. Zach has been playing baseball for 13 years. When asked which positions he plays, he said he has played every position except first base.

What else makes Zach Moore so cool? He managed to maintain staying his favorite number throughout every sport, 14. When he was asked what his favorite part about playing any sport, Zach replied, “I loved competing with my friends.” Finally, he also wanted it added that he is very competitive in any sport.