Evan Gainous

Evan+Gainous

A familiar name and face at Lakewood High School, Evan Gainous is a senior with  a 3.86 GPA known best for his happy face and friendly vibe. For those who don’t know him, Evan was a swim captain for the Lakewood High School Swim Team his senior year and swam all four years, as well as swimming for the Lake Shore Swim club for tenth through twelfth grade. He ran track for Lakewood sophomore year, but chose to focus on the water. He works as a lifeguard for Lakewood Recreation and can be seen working at Beck’s Madison pool during the summer.

He enjoys music and even sings for Lakewood High’s Chamber and Symphonic mixed choirs. Evan is a member of the Watter’s Science Seminar, a program focusing on scientific development. He is an active participant in functions at Lakewood High School, mentoring the “fresh start” orientation program for freshmen, setting up for school dances, helping organize mock elections, and participating in the Football team’s student section. He volunteered at Youth challenge, assisting individuals with special needs while doing a variety of activities such as swimming, bowling, etc. He has been helpful with youth athletics in the community, volunteering to referee recreational soccer games for kids, and even volunteering to help during swim meets for younger swimmers in LSSC.

Evan Gainous will be attending John Carroll University in the Fall to study Pre-Health Professions and continue his swim career.