Thursday May 4, 2017

Barnstormers Drama Club and Music Departments performance of LITTLE WOMEN: THE MUSICAL, opens tonight at 7:30pm in the Civic Auditorium and will run through this Saturday May 6th. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $10.00. You won’t want to miss this show!

Do you like breathing fresh air? Come join the LHS Environmental Club for a viewing of Saving Planet Earth, Stop Climate Change, next Monday, May 8th in A315. Refreshments will be provided.

Attention seniors who are members of the French Honor Society.  You may place your order for honor chords for graduation, in the book room.  The cost is $7.25.  Don’t delay, time is running out!

Club Identity is looking for people that are interested in being leaders for next year’s club! If you or someone you know is passionate about LGBTQ+ equality, come to our next planning meeting on Tuesday, May 9th in Mr. Overholt’s room, C219.  We will be exchanging contact information and brainstorming ideas for next year’s Club ID! ​

Attention musicians – are you interested in being part of the Lakewood Ranger Marching Band’s drumline? Auditions will be happening May 22nd from 5-7 PM at Garfield Middle School. See Mr. Steinbrunner in The Civic for more information!

We have a couple of important dates to share with the seniors…next Wednesday, May 10th is senior T-shirt day. If you ordered a class T-shirt, they look great by the way, you may come up to the bookroom beginning to pick it up. Next Friday, May 12th is senior recognition day. We suggest that seniors wear something from their prospective colleges, armed forces or future vocation.

Girls justa wanna have fun!…… Join the girls’ tennis team and come to the meeting on Thursday, May 25th at 3:30pm in room A102.

Students currently taking a math class of any level (including Calculus), Math Study Tables will held tomorrow morning before school, from 7:15 – 7:45 AM in Ms. Sandor’s room B314.

The art department would like to congratulate the following students on their awards from the “Everyone But Seniors Art Show”:

Best of Painting        Catherine Crino

Best of Drawing        Veronica Lee

Best of Photography        Sophie Sanders

Best of Fibers        Deanna White

Best of Ceramics        Meghan McHugh

Best of Digital Media        Micah Inak

Best in Show        Faiza Manaa

Congratulations students and keep up the hard work!