Friday May 5, 2017

Barnstormers Drama Club and Music Departments presents: LITTLE WOMEN: THE MUSICAL, at 7:30pm in the Civic Auditorium and will run through tomorrow. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $10.00. You won’t want to miss this show!

Do you like breathing fresh air? Come join the LHS Environmental Club for a viewing of Saving Planet Earth, Stop Climate Change, next Monday, May 8th in room A315. Refreshments will be provided.

Attention seniors who are members of the French Honor Society.  You may place your order for honor chords for graduation, in the book room.  The cost is $7.25.  Don’t delay, time is running out!

Club Identity is looking for people that are interested in being leaders for next year’s club! If you or someone you know is passionate about LGBTQ+ equality, come to our next planning meeting on Tuesday, May 9th in Mr. Overholt’s room, C219.  We will be exchanging contact information and brainstorming ideas for next year’s Club ID! ​

Attention musicians – are you interested in being part of the Lakewood Ranger Marching Band’s drumline? Auditions will be happening May 22nd from 5-7 PM at Garfield Middle School. See Mr. Steinbrunner in The Civic for more information!

We have a couple of important dates to share with the seniors…next Wednesday, May 10th is senior T-shirt day. If you ordered a class T-shirt, they look great by the way, you may come up to the bookroom beginning tomorrow to pick it up. Next Friday, May 12th is senior recognition day. We suggest that seniors wear something from their prospective colleges, armed forces or future vocation.

Attention All students! You are NOT to be in the cafeteria serving line if you are not buying anything! Again, if you are NOT buying anything, then you DO NOT need to be in the cafeteria serving line!

The final AYF meeting of the year is next Tuesday, May 9th, after school in room B208.

Attention all athletes: The weight room will be open for you to lift Mondays thru Fridays 3:00-7:00pm until the end of the school year. You must have all participation forms on file and you must have your school ID.  Coach Hannan and Hyclak will be supervising the sessions. If you are not an athlete, but would like to lift weights stop by the athletic office to pick up the participation forms.

Are you interested in running for next year’s student council? Elections are coming up soon! See Mr. Stelter in C121 starting next Tuesday to pick up an election packet.

Art Club and National Art Honor Society will be meeting after school today until 4pm in B206. We will be playing exquisite corpse.