Lonzo Ball’s New Signature Shoes

Lonzo Balls New Signature Shoes

LaVar Ball’s Big Baller Brand on Thursday unveiled the ZO2 shoe line that he designed for his son Lonzo, with the main pair debuting at $495 on the company’s website.

There is also a pair of the shoes that are autographed by Lonzo Ball himself and are being sold starting at $995 along with sandals being sold at $220.

In the past two years, the highest price for a pair of Jordan shoes released to the public has been $400. The ZO2’s are almost $100 more.

Lavar Ball and the Big Baller Brand company claims their new shoes is a “piece of basketball history” and that it is a “once in a lifetime oppurtunity.”

“We said from the beginning, we aren’t looking for an endorsement deal,” Ball said last week. “We’re looking for co-branding, a true partner. But they’re not ready for that because they’re not used to that model. But hey, the taxi industry wasn’t ready for Uber either.”

To this point, Big Baller Brand has only produced t-shirts and hats but LaVar Ball, Lonzo’s father and the company’s founder, said it would produce a shoe before the 2017-18 basketball season.

Big Baller Brand is in search of a partnership with a company that will license its products, but it failed to reach a deal with Nike, Adidas or Under Armour.

Lonzo was apparently offered an endorsement deal worth $100 million by either Nike, Adidas or Under Armour, according to LaVar Ball, but turned it down because the company wouldn’t license Big Baller Brand apparel.