Bill Nye’s new TV show: ‘Bill Nye Saves The World’

I believe that most of us can agree that one our best schools memories was watching Bill Nye, the science guy and singing its famous theme song from the top of our lungs. Oh, the many wonderful things that Bill taught us. Now he has a new TV show called Bill Nye saves the world.

Educator and bow tie fan Bill Nye looks at topics from a scientific point of view, refuting myths and claims that rebuke science.  Episodes have lively panel discussion and reports from a wide range of special correspondents.

The show is made by Netflix and it was added to it April 21, 2017. The first season has 13 episodes and the topics vary  from global warming to alternative medicine to space exploration.

Quite a bit has changed from the old-school Bill Nye the Science Guy days. Each episode has a pretty rigid structure, opening with Nye providing a combination scientific demonstration, continuing with a video segment featuring one of several correspondents, then a discussion between Nye and a handful of panelists.

Nye said that his new show is made for adults. In addition to Nye’s antics in a lab coat, cartoon explanations, celebrity appearances and rants, the show has a stable of correspondents made up mostly of entertainers and models.

Bill Nye went from kid’s shows to adult show, changed some parts of his show and even maybe some points of view, but he never fails to make us understand and be interested in science. Hopefully Netflix will start recording a new season soon.