Stephen Colbert Rants at Trump

Last week, our President, Donald Trump was the interviewee on a political interview show called, “Face the Nation”. The show airs on CBS and is hosted by John Dickerson. Dickerson asked Trump some questions, for example, about his tax returns, and about if stands by his wire-tapping claims against Obama. Obviously, these were questions that Donald Trump was not okay with, or maybe he was uncomfortable with them, but, he ended up insulting Dickerson’s show. Trump said a number of things, the most memorable being when he told Dickerson that he calls his show, “Deface the Nation”.

That is not what this article is truly about though. The best part about that story is not the action, but the re-action.

Stephen Colbert is apparently friends with John Dickerson, they both work for CBS so it’s not surprising. I don’t think anybody knew though, that Colbert was going to get as riled-up as he did though.

Last Monday, on his Late Night Show, Colbert went off on Trump. He started by saying,

“Donald Trump, John Dickerson is a fair-minded journalist and one of the most competent people who will ever walk into your office. And you treat him like that? Now, John Dickerson has way too much dignity to trade insults with the president of the United States to his face. But I, sir, am no John Dickerson.”

Colbert explained, that he was following-through on a policy he called, “The Tiffany Way: when you insult one member of the CBS family, you insult us all. Bazinga!”

Here is when Colbert would say a few kind words to Trump that would have people raving to have Colbert fired:

“Mr. Trump, your presidency? I love your presidency. I call it Disgrace the Nation. You’re not the POTUS. You’re the BLOATUS. You’re the glutton with the button. You’re a regular Gorge Washington. You’re the presi-dunce, but you’re turning into a real prick-tator. Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine. You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign language gorilla who got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s [censored] holster. Your presidential library is going to be a kids’ menu and a couple of Juggs magazines. The only thing smaller than your hands is your tax returns, and you can take that any way you want.”

Colbert also did a fake interview with Donald Trump, with the help of some clever editing, in which he made fun of Trump some more.

Now, even though that was pretty funny, you could probably guess what’s gonna happen next: it offended people. That one bit about, “the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s [censored] holster” had people screaming that Colbert should be fired. Assuming you know what that “censored” stands for, you can realize that they were calling Stephen Colbert a “homophobic”.

Whether he keeps his job or not I, at least, thought it was pretty hilarious what Colbert did.