Post Season

Post Season

It is time for the post season for spring sports. The track team this week is at Amherst for the Southwest Conference. Next week is Districts for the track team. The same athletes compete in both conference and districts for the team.

Some of the atheles competing are Katelyn Mikuluk, Jordan Robinson, Austin Mahar, and Joe Burtzlaff. The girls 4×800 team placed fifth at conferences and hope to place at districts.  The top four over all in the district meet goes to regionals. Lakewood hopes to have athletes qualify for regionals and go all the way to states. Austin Mahar placed in both the 300 hurdles and 110 hurdles. Mahar hopes to place in districts and get to regionals. Mahar has a get chance.

Finals for conference continue on Friday, May 12. Lakewood is looking to get a place as an over all team and to have athletes place. Lakewood has improved massively from last year. Many runners have been setting PR already and plan to keep doing it. Lakewood has many young athletes going far this year and will just keep improving. The future for the track team looks bright for this season still and for future seasons. Good luck to all the athletes! Further updates coming soon for the track team.