The Warriors’ comeback

The Warriors comeback

On Sunday, May 14, the Western conference finals were held at Oracle Arena. The Golden State Warriors hosted the San Antonio Spurs in a crazy game 1 of the best of 7 series. The two best teams in the West, who will come out and play in the Finals?

Game 1 started off with a bang. Spurs go up big, at one point it was 41-19. The Spurs couldn’t be stopped, thanks to Kawhi Leonard. He was scoring at will in the first having, giving the spurs most of their points. The warriors couldn’t buy a bucket, they seemed to have underestimated the spurs.

But the Warriors weren’t going to let their 8 game winning streak be broken. They came out the half hungry for points. Curry hitting three after three, Durant driving to the whole, while Draymond and Klay defend. Some say it was because Kawhi Leonard left the game with an ankle injury during the fourth quarter. Others would call it choking, and that’s what the Spurs did. Kevin Durant scored 10 points straight during the fourth quarter, finishing with 34 points. Zaza Pachulia who was said to be responsible for Kawhi’s injury tossed in 11 points and 9 rebounds.

Closing down to the final minutes of the game, the Warriors needed a bucket to go up. With 1:48 to play,  Stephen curry hit a banger three to go up two points. In the end, they maintained the lead and got good defensive stops. The Warriors made a 25 point comeback, to win 113-11.

Now the Spurs will have to deal without Kawhi for game 2, and figure out how to stop the Warriors powerhouse offense.